• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Blood in urine? (Warning pee pics)

Whitelighter

Warren Scout
I noticed a darker looking patch of ursine in the wooden edge if the run by the litter tray. I dabbed a paper towl in it and the result was this:

6078F685-1281-4AE5-BFF5-FF5F6CD640B1.jpg

To me that looks much darker than the usual yellow stains on my carpet. Smokey and Poppy share the litter tray so I can't be sure for sure who's it is but smokey being a chap tends to pee on the edge (and the wall, the radiator etc) plus he's been a little quiet today while Poppy has been binkying and dongs standing jumps etc. both seem to be eating.

If this is blood, can it wait till tomorrow or is it an emergency? To you experienced rabbit caters, does this look like blood?

I should add that if it is Smokey then does it link to his blood shot eye I noticed a couple if days ago?

Not eaten anything unusual today.

Their diet is 80% hay based (green oat, meadow, ready grass) and a small amount of broccoli, cucumber, fresh herbs and the very occasional thin slice of banana.

Glad you more experienced bods aren't concerned - I can go out for NYE and only worry about the buns as much as usual :)

My bus get this with dark greens and also dandelions sometimes. It is worrying when you first see it but try and have a nice evening :)

Back