• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Adopting more rabbits

tulsi

Wise Old Thumper
I am really in love with a beautiful rabbit at cottontails rescue. I had reserved her but recently worried that I could only give them (her and her son) 10 x 6 run with a hutch in it and it just didnt feel enough. I want to get a shed for them and Mottle and Peaches to share, they are in a hutch and 10 x 6 run too. Sheds are around 300 even for an overlap one.

So ... I cancelled them and now I really regret it.

What should I do? - dont worry I know its ultimately my decision (and Cottontails) but I would really appreciate your thoughts.

Personally I think 60 sq ft would be a wonderful home for some very lucky bunnies. I bet it's rare that homes come up for buns with that much space ;)

I agree with Hele :thumb: If you're worried, you could always upgrade later? Maybe buy second hand sheds etc

I think that you'd give them a lovely home. I'm sure the buns wouldn't think that 60sq was too little when they were racing about :lol:

Last edited:
I think you should go for it. As long as I've known you (ok, not as long as others on here) you've been after a Belgian hare and now you have the opportunity for two! They are rescue buns so I bet to go and live in a 10x6 hutch/run combo will make them feel like they've died and gone to heaven! You always can get them the shed later.

I have four bunnies. One is a 6x2x2 hutch, the others are in smaller cages. None have runs attached. I didn't know about any of these requirements until I joined this forum. This year I plan to move my four upstairs into their own bedroom with all four having at least the minimum sized cage and attached run. Slipper & Blackavar will be bonded by then, fingers crossed. For now, I do the best I can for my bunnies and I adore them. I'd say that you will love these bunnies very much, if they come to you, they will have a large space which they are probably not used to and then an even larger one to follow. They might not get that in another home, even though the potential new owner would pass the home check with the rescue, it might not be as good as what you have to offer, both now and in the future.

I'll also admit I have a vested interest in this :lol: I want to see them and hear all about them too :oops:

Personally I think 60 sq ft would be a wonderful home for some very lucky bunnies. I bet it's rare that homes come up for buns with that much space ;)

I guess I worry about rain and hutches. The shed is just soooo much cosier. You are right about the space though. I'm just over thinking :oops:

Thank you for your positive response.

I agree with Hele :thumb: If you're worried, you could always upgrade later? Maybe buy second hand sheds etc

I think that you'd give them a lovely home. I'm sure the buns wouldn't think that 60sq was too little when they were racing about :lol:

:lol::oops: I am being a bit of a nelly arent I?

Good point about upgrading later.

I think the enclosures sound awesome:love: More bunnies yaaaay! :love:

What about a playhouse as an upgrade at some point? You can sit half in and half out perhaps seeing as they'd be in an aviary? :lol: Or slowly upgrade if you wanted:)

Or.. Keep the hutches and get some gazebos!!:D

I think you should go for it. As long as I've known you (ok, not as long as others on here) you've been after a Belgian hare and now you have the opportunity for two! They are rescue buns so I bet to go and live in a 10x6 hutch/run combo will make them feel like they've died and gone to heaven! You always can get them the shed later.

I have four bunnies. One is a 6x2x2 hutch, the others are in smaller cages. None have runs attached. I didn't know about any of these requirements until I joined this forum. This year I plan to move my four upstairs into their own bedroom with all four having at least the minimum sized cage and attached run. Slipper & Blackavar will be bonded by then, fingers crossed. For now, I do the best I can for my bunnies and I adore them. I'd say that you will love these bunnies very much, if they come to you, they will have a large space which they are probably not used to and then an even larger one to follow. They might not get that in another home, even though the potential new owner would pass the home check with the rescue, it might not be as good as what you have to offer, both now and in the future.

I'll also admit I have a vested interest in this :lol: I want to see them and hear all about them too :oops:

:lol::lol: - I would be the same. Btw, its been faaar too long since we saw pics of your lovely boys.

I have just emailed them to say YES PLEASE (hope they dont think I'm an utter dawk for cancelling then saying I want them after all :oops:).

Don't worry I'm in the process of uploading all my photos and bodies of them from my phone to my lappy so I can post them on here. Keep your eyes peeled in next couple of days! We even have Blueberry's first binky on video! That was such good luck! I was just trying out my new slo-mo video function on my new phone when he did it! Clever boy, he knew :love:

And yay, you're getting your hares again! I wasn't going to speak to you any more if you didn't get them :p :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back