• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would it be bad??

ClaireBoo

Young Bun
Would it be bad to keep all 5 babies?? We've kind of named 2 already. We have CJ (cookie Jr as it is the double of it's daddy cookie) and Mischief (because it's the one that keeps going of a wonder lol) we've had them out to check on their umbilical and they are so gorgeous we've fallen head over heels in love :love: will put some pics up soon just need to fire the laptop up

When I adopted Karma, no one knew she was pregnant until the kits were born. She had 5 and we kept them all. This was over 10 years ago now but one of her kits is still with us, he is 9 now :love:

No, it would be good to keep them, as long as you can afford it. In order to keep them together the boys would have to be neutered first and later the girls. :p

I would say as long as you can afford the time, money and space to keep them all and can afford vaccinate and spay/neuter them as well as your other buns and as long as the money time and space your other buns need isn't compromised by keeping them I don't think it would be a bad thing at all. Don't forget to take into account needing to split boys from the girls before they can breed themselves too.

I've been talking it through with hubby, our buck is going in to be neutered at the end of Jan and we could get 2 sheds each with there own runs we could keep them all. When we have Honey spayed would she then be able to stay with her daughters? Cookie would have to stay on his own wouldn't he?

no, not if you can afford to get them all neutered/speyed, and vaccination costs for them all plus any other vetbills that may arise in future as with all pets, having them in large shed with run attached is very good idea, and as long as they all get in and bond well after operations

I notice your in manchester are to like me :wave:

no, not if you can afford to get them all neutered/speyed, and vaccination costs for them all plus any other vetbills that may arise in future as with all pets, having them in large shed with run attached is very good idea, and as long as they all get in and bond well after operations

I notice your in manchester are to like me :wave:

:wave::wave::wave: Hi yeah I'm in south Manchester.

We could afford to keep them and are lucky to have a large enclosed back garden so have the space for a large shed and run for them all to live in. But first things first get honey and Cookie spayed and neutered, then the babies ;):D

Honestly? I ended up keeping all 9 of my surprise litter from Tiggi :lol:

I'd say if you can keep them all then go for it! Have an adorable bunny family :love:

Go for it :p You say you can afford it and have the time and space for them so why not? If you're in love with them now at a week old, just wait until they're fluffy and playful at 4 weeks old! :love::love::love::love:

Go for it :p You say you can afford it and have the time and space for them so why not? If you're in love with them now at a week old, just wait until they're fluffy and playful at 4 weeks old! :love::love::love::love:

My hubby said he knew I wouldn't be able to give they up, 11 days old today, Mischief and CJ already have funny little characters hence the their names lol can't wait for the other 3's to come out

we kept all 6 of our 'mistakes'

However a word of warning - although they may all live together happily (with a short gap around the 10 week period when you have to whisk the boys away for neutering) - there may be some issues over dominance.

In the end we had to take one female out as she was challenging one other female and her mother for dominance, and one boy who got turfed out of the group for some reason at about 6 months - we are still not sure why. He also had been turfed out of the nest twice as a tiny one so there is something odd/different about him

But the rest live happily together

Yep I would keep them all too :lol: obviously you will need to split the little boys and girls when they are older but once they are all spayed and neutered I would bond them all into a big group and if that didn't work I would try 2 groups or a large group and a pair.

The only thing you need to be sure on is money, 7 rabbits is over £200 a year on vaccinations alone! :shock: but then I have 4 buns and the costs don't bother me at all. They don't feel expensive because its little bits here and there that just happen to add up to one heck of a lot! :lol: plus they are worth every penny.

:love::love::love:

Yep I would keep them all too :lol: obviously you will need to split the little boys and girls when they are older but once they are all spayed and neutered I would bond them all into a big group and if that didn't work I would try 2 groups or a large group and a pair.

The only thing you need to be sure on is money, 7 rabbits is over £200 a year on vaccinations alone! :shock: but then I have 4 buns and the costs don't bother me at all. They don't feel expensive because its little bits here and there that just happen to add up to one heck of a lot! :lol: plus they are worth every penny.

:love::love::love:

We put so much away each month to cover, vacs, worming, vet visits etc. I've got 2 dogs 1 of which is an old lady and has a few ongoing issues so that doesn't bother me

We did. It means you are assured of them having a loving home and you get the pleasure of seeing them through their life.

Genetics are so interesting as well and that aspect can be fascinating too.

But do be prepared for chaos and you'll likely stay in a phase of transition until all babies are 6-8 weeks post spay/neuter and can be properly bonded. It was chaos until they were about 7 months old.

Oooo best of luck. I re-homed my baby rabbits that my doe had when I was a little girl and still regret it to this day. Yippee, we get to see pics of the little beauties growing up x

be so lovely, they all stay together with you and not at risk of going to someone who may not understand there needs

Back