• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Poppy U/D continuing to improve

MilosMummy

Mama Doe
Woke up the morning to find Poppy hunched and not responsive :( she refused crunchies which is unheard of in this house. We have just come back from the vets but I am not sure I am 100% happy with what happened. She gave her Loxicom and metoclopramide but no gut stimulant. It wasn't the normal vet only a locum so don't think she is that rabbit savvy. She gave us critical care though. I am not feeling well myself so not my usual forceful self with the vets. They are closed now but I am worried that she didn't get the gut stimulant :(

Last edited:
poor poppy. the metaclopramide is used as a gut stimulant so her system will start to move more quickly with that. :wave: x

eta: we have that and metacam aswell for when bisc's tummy slows down. :wave:

As biscandmatt said, metoclopramide is a gut motility stimulant. I really hope that both Poppy and you will be feeling better very soon xx

Thank you everyone. We have just given her some critical care which she lapped up. I think that is a good sign? We are going to leave her be for a little while to see if she eats alone otherwise we will give her more.

I'd say her lapping up critical care is a very good sign. I would have wanted pain relief too but the drugs given will be helping and do sound about right.

Hope you both feel better soon! X

She was given an inject of Loxicom as well which I was told is the pain relief. She has had about 8mls of critical care but how much should we be feeding her and old often?

Its really hard to tell what is coming out because she is part of a trio. I am about to clean out there litter tray so I can try to keep a better eye on it.

She still isn't eating by herself and I don't think she has been to the toilet. Not sure how long I should wait for the drugs to kick in?

She still isn't eating by herself and I don't think she has been to the toilet. Not sure how long I should wait for the drugs to kick in?

If she has no output at all then I would call the Vet again. She is likely to need ongoing medication, a one off dose wont be sufficient. Also I would want to be as sure as I could be that the food going in was moving through and that she is not starting to bloat up.

Back