• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on stray bunny Poppy! (WARNING- Severely damaged bunny ears) U/D P26

Hello! Sorry I've not been around in a while! Some of you may have seen my thread about Poppy - the bunny who will be coming to live with me very soon. You can read about her story here.

Well in 7 weeks she has improved so so much! She is now a healthy, happy, clean bunny! Her fur has grown back and she is putting on weight. I mentioned that at her health check they found bad spurs and she needed to have an operation asap. However, she was so thin it was going to be very risky. Thankfully, the spurs are now nowhere near as bad as they were as she had access to lots of hay in her foster home! This means that the op is no longer an emergency so Poppy wont be at such a high risk when she has it done as she will have put some more weight on by then. It will be done within the next few weeks though I believe as will her spay.

I am just so happy that the lovely little girl is doing so much better! I knew she had improved but didn't expect such a big change when I was sent photos today. :love: Her eyes look so much brighter now compared to before. I am very shocked at the state of her ears though. :( The vet thinks she was attacked by a dog when she was a stay so that is the reason why they are the way they are. Parts of her ears died and just fell off, I guess it's very similar to frost bite where people can lose the ends of their fingers. :( They do not look very nice but Poppy is still an absoultely gorgeous rabbit with such a pretty face. I can't wait to get her home. :love:

This is before and after 7 weeks in her foster home. :D Look at how cleaner and happy she looks now.

More photos of the beautiful girl:

ETA: Although I think she's beautiful, I added a warning to the thread because I know some people will find this distressing.

Last edited:
She is stunning! :love: It's sad about her ears, but wonderful to see her fur grown back and in such good condition.

Thanks for updating us. :wave:

Oh my gosh, her poor ears! :cry: But what a difference, she really does look so healthy and happier compared to those first photos. Glad she's coming home with you :love:

How is her hearing ability with such loss of ear structure ? She is goegeous and every bunny needs a home no matter what condition they have x

Watched the video in the old post :love:

She looks like a super snuggle bun. She acts just like my Honey who prefers people to rabbits and always snuggles up to you nudging for strokes.

Well done for giving her a new live :thumb:

Back