• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can you top up feed???

ClaireBoo

Young Bun
Sorry me again. One of our kits is smaller than the rest, but by no means weaker, can you top up/ supplement feed them?? Honey doesn't mind me in the hutch or even touching them, only when they have escaped the nest and I rub them down with straw from the nest after. If so what's the best thing to give?? Completely new to this as it was a shock that we had a doe and a buck ( were told they were both does) don't intend to have anymore either.

It might be worth having a read of this.

I don't think I would supplement with anything other than mum's milk though. But you can try and help her give him/her an extra feed in the middle of the day (not morning o evening because those are the times she is most likely to feed).

One of mine was smaller and was always at the bottom of the nest. Ii think it's normal to have a smaller one and if the kit isn't weak then i'm assuming it's being fed.. is the tummy plump? I used to rearrange Little Grey Bun so he/she was on the top for a few days and LGB became quite plump :)

Oh yeah it's tummy is plump so I know it's being fed but compared to the others it's seems so small. Honey won't let me mess with her, she's only just started to let me stroke her (we kind of rescued her and our male) I'll just keep an eye on things and hopefully when they start to eat other things it will catch up

Oh yeah it's tummy is plump so I know it's being fed but compared to the others it's seems so small. Honey won't let me mess with her, she's only just started to let me stroke her (we kind of rescued her and our male) I'll just keep an eye on things and hopefully when they start to eat other things it will catch up

She might have been concieved a day younger and therefore born a day earlier, so it might all be healthy. Might be worthwhile weighing each bunny daily though, at the same time of day, to monitor all their progresses.

Can I do that even though they're eyes haven't opened?? Also there are twins and identical at that, how can I tell them apart so I know which one is which when I weigh them lol sorry loads of questions

Back