• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

we lost Dobbin yesterday...

Dobbin

Mama Doe
He had to be put to sleep. We are thinking of a new friend for Isobel - in time, when we are all ready. I am just wondering she lives in a 6x4 shed with levels in and an attached run. How many bunnies would be ok in this situation? We are looking at a pair to be bonded with Isobel but I am worried about space. Thank you very much. Sue xx

I think you can have three or even four rabbits in that space, and it would be great to get them soon, because you don't want your bun to get lonely. Sorry for your loss btw.

Oh no, I'm so very sorry to hear that you've lost the beautiful Dobbin, I always adored him :love:

How big is the attached run, and is it permanently accessed or are they shut into the shed at night?

Thank you all so much, its been hard. He was our first bunny and we went through a lot with him. I cant think about a friend for Isobel just yet but I need to within a few days!

Run is 6x4 as well. I tend to shut it off at night as I worry about them! The run could be bigger though!

Please do give me your thoughts!

We put them out in the garden at times as well.

Sue xxx

I am really sorry for your loss :(

I have a giant bun and a small bun living in a very similar sized space the 8x4 and 8x4 run access in the day. It is plenty big enough for them but I would only introduce 1 more rabbit and feel comfortable with the space they have. But Moley is a 7kg rabbit so I think 4x2.5kg-4kg buns would be fine ;)

Personally I would stick with a pair in that space, most welfare places now recommend a 6x8 run for a pair of bunnies, so a 6x4 shed and 6x4 run provides that exact amount of floor space, plus whatever additional levels you have in the shed. If they had 24/7 access to the run I would be more inclined to say that 3 smallish bunnies might be ok, but personally I would be happier with 2 in that space. Hope Isobel is doing ok x x

Back