• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with buying a shed

KatP

Alpha Buck
I want to buy a shed for my pair of buns can anyone recommend a good online site to buy from, looking at getting a 6ft x 4ft at the minimum as going to add new levels. But at the same time considering a larger shed so that I could get a rescue pair and keep all 4 buns in the same shed.

Any advice or ideas greatly received

I'm looking at getting one that looks a bit like a chicken coop they have them on eBay and not expensive either

I'm looking at getting one that looks a bit like a chicken coop they have them on eBay and not expensive either

I would spend a bit more and get better quality housing. We bought 6ft x 2ft (5ft really) coops and the quality is tragic .. It was just temp for the one chicken but we're having to extend and fix it.

I have a welfare hutches hutch/run combo and can recommend them, the quality is brilliant. You get what you pay for! I've bought cheap housing before and they've never lasted long, wish I just spent more to start with and got a good sized, good quality instead of cheap stuff. Also happy hutch are used a lot.

My pairs shed is great quality but the company doesn't sell them anymore! It's a shame really :(

Oh no, ok I'll look into getting a shed and adding on to it, might have to call a few favours in with my dad and brother in law lol

Have been looking again today at sheds but can anyone tell me if what is safe for rabbits? Either pressure treated or dip treated? I am thinking no and that I would need to cover the inside of the shed to stop them chewing, if so what is best to use to cover the inside? I was thinking Lino on the floor but not sure what is best to cover the walls as one on mine is a chewer!

The only advice I can give is...DO NOT BUY A SHIPLAP shed, buy a tongue and grrove one. My shed has been ruined with the excessive rain and is all warped, its shiplap is damp and my buns are poor wee souls..

please please go for the best you can afford...

Fee xx

The only advice I can give is...DO NOT BUY A SHIPLAP shed, buy a tongue and grrove one. My shed has been ruined with the excessive rain and is all warped, its shiplap is damp and my buns are poor wee souls..

please please go for the best you can afford...

Fee xx
Thanks for that Fee, will cross all shiplap sheds off my list straight away! That is just the kind of advice I was looking for :D

Have found out today that I may have a few extra pounds to play around with as it's my birthday in February and dropped hints to mum ( who bought the buns for my son) that I was wanting to get a shed and she suggested giving me money towards it :love:

No worries.. I have a T&G one which has all my hubbys odds and odds in it. It is holding up well.
The shiplap bunny one has been an unmitigated disaster and I cansxee me having to get a new T&G one in the spring.

Sadly i would swap but my hubby will not hear of it..

the bunnies spendall of their time in their run, which ironically is not as damp!!,!

http://www.elbecgardenbuildings.co.uk/Shire/Shire-guernsey-10x7-apex-shed

I have this it has two opening windows which is a must in summer, I lined it with bubble wrap then plywood over the top so its well insulated for winter x

This looks lovely, my problem is that although I have a reasonable garden most of it is on a slope so I only have about 6 ft of level garden at the top of my garden and about the same at the bottom, the rest is on a major slope. My plan is to have a shed at the top and run a run going down the slop if I can but I also have one bun who has probs if she eats too much grass so that is the next prob to consider! I am also in a rented property so cant really change anything too much as will have to return everything to how it was if we leave!

Not helpful as they're not in your area but I got an 8x6ft one of these http://www.telesheds.co.uk/pent.html in the summer. It was a similar price to garden buildings direct but they also delivered and put it up free of charge so was much better value as far as we were concerned. Might be an idea to check out some local companies to see how they compare.

Back