• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really need some advise, huge decision made...

rachylou

Warren Veteran
I have agreed to go to Woking on Sunday,i am bricking it now, im so scared that by going to Woking Jimby will die and my world would be over,i cant loose Jims.
Is it safe to go to Woking, shopping, have a coffee etc and not change when I get home and sit on the sofa and snuggle with the buns?

Don't worry, we have been to Woking, me once, OH twice and Mr B lives inside. Jimbo will be safe if you go to Woking. PS its a bit boring in Woking.

My dad works in Woking town centre, goes home each day and straight out to give the buns cuddles etc. he has gone that every day since we got sweep about 5 years ago

No-one can tell you if it is safe or not- your therapy will be teaching you that.

You have to learn to decide for yourself what is a rational fear and what is your OCD taking over. Us telling you it is safe does not help.

Keep calm, work through the techniques they have been teaching you and keep considering the likelihood of a risk happening.

No-one can tell you if it is safe or not- your therapy will be teaching you that.

You have to learn to decide for yourself what is a rational fear and what is your OCD taking over. Us telling you it is safe does not help.

Keep calm, work through the techniques they have been teaching you and keep considering the likelihood of a risk happening.

:thumb:

Completely agree. Finding that reassurance inside yourself will be far better for you than anyone else giving it because doing it yourself then becomes something you learn to do to manage things.

For the record, if you really believed it was harmful, would you do it?

If someone wanted me to feed my rabbits chocolate, I absolutely would not, no matter what the reason, because I know it's not safe.

It isn't for us to say if it's safe or not - that's for you to decide. It is, however, 'irrational OCD thinking' to think going there will cause Jimby to die and your world will be over.

Go to Woking. Have a coffee, relax, treat yourself to some nice retail therapy. Enjoy the day and then go home and snuggle your bunnies on the sofa WITHOUT changing or disinfecting thoroughly. Don't worry about it, just try and make yourself enjoy the day!

Are you going with OH/Jack?

I know reassurance seeking is all part of OCD and long term it does not help, this is a HUGE decision and if a little reasurramce actually helps me to go and ger it done, I dont think I am asking too much.

I know reassurance seeking is all part of OCD and long term it does not help, this is a HUGE decision and if a little reasurramce actually helps me to go and ger it done, I dont think I am asking too much.

But your Therapist has previously said this

she is going to talk to Dan and tell him not to offer reasurrance from now on and that I will have to face going to woking soon

But your Therapist has previously said this[/QUOTE
Yes I know she said that but even Dan can see I need help to do this now otherwise god only knows when I would be ready! So he is telling me to put my trust in him that Jims will be absolutlty safe.

Be brave. Be strong. Rememeber it's the OCD talking. It's irrational and you are learning which thoughts are real and which are irrational. It's hard but you can do it. :thumb:

Im already on the verge of a panic attack and I dont think I am up to it
I have asked Dan to go to Woking and meet my Sister either monday or tuesday and I promise to go that weekend.

Back