• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new hay storage box :)

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
I did have a massive one on Christmas day, this one-

But when it was opened this morning the roof was snapped underneath and the sides were broken too :( My mom was rather angry! So my parents took it back and saw a smaller one which would fit better by Charley's run AND shelter her :D I love it, I can fit a bale in there so it just makes it easier for me rather than shipping the hay to and from my bf's in a bin bag! My mom said if it's good then I can have another one to go at the back of the shed because it was cheaper than the big one :D

Last edited:
I have 1 of them had it 10+yrs and still going strong even though some workmen have damaged 1 side and it has to have a heavy plant pot against it now

I have 1 of them had it 10+yrs and still going strong even though some workmen have damaged 1 side and it has to have a heavy plant pot against it now

Awesome! My uncle has the same one and has no problems with it as my mom was worried about reviews she has seen, but it looks great and feels nice and strong. I'm so pleased with it :D

I know this is a bit of an old thread, but I was just wondering how you found the box from homebase, does it keep the hay dry? Also can you get anything extra in alongside the bale of hay? I'm hoping to get a box to put hay, pellets, litter etc in. Thanks :)

You could also try buying a wheelie bin from your local council or they sell them on ebay. The regular size ones (not the small) fit a bale in.

I recommend the Keter garden storage box from Argos. It looks a bit flimsy when you buy it, and as you're putting it together you're thinking "this is tat" but it's really excellent, keeps the contents bone dry. I keep all the bunny stuff in there. I was sceptical about it but I've been proved wrong and it's been moved around our garden umpteen times. It's 29.99.

I recommend the Keter garden storage box from Argos. It looks a bit flimsy when you buy it, and as you're putting it together you're thinking "this is tat" but it's really excellent, keeps the contents bone dry. I keep all the bunny stuff in there. I was sceptical about it but I've been proved wrong and it's been moved around our garden umpteen times. It's 29.99.

Ooh thanks for that recommendation, I'm going to get that one now as I ordered the rattan keter one from very but due to a strange mix up at the couriers I ended up getting a box of stock that should have gone to a mamas and papas store :roll: Anyway it means I didn't get my £69.99 box so much better I spend £29.99 at argos :lol: and prefer the look of the cheaper one too tbh :D I currently have a barrow bag that fits a hay bale in, hung up in shed but it's always in my way and looks cluttered!

Back