• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fighting rabbits.... Why?!?!?!?!

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
Not really a 'why, what is causing you to do this dear rabbits' more a frantically gesticulating 'WHYYYYYYYY NOW?!?!?!?!?!!'.

Autumn, my peaceful bunny, and Flame, my butter wouldn't melt bunny, are doing mine and Wish's head in. So much chasing and scrapping. Have ideas on why but nothing firm. But I wish they would stop. :evil: I don't want to have to separate them. Might far journey if every thing else fails. Just what we need. :?

Flippin' Rabbits !!

Maybe it was having the outdoor Rabbits inside during the storms ?

*nods* it started that night but I think that was only a factor. Autumn is moulting like a trooper which makes him grumpy, wish isn't particularly good at the moment which freaks Autumn out ( he's very sensitive) and with all the stress going on he will pick up in that as well. Funnily enough Flame is instigating and then Autumn is like 'oi, you, **** off'.

It's not proper fighting though- just chasing. They stop when I appear, they stop for good, they stop if I shout. Proper fighting would mean nothing would stop them other than pulling them apart.

Oh no, little brats.:evil::evil: I've nothing useful to add in practical sense, you're the bunny lady!!;):love: I do however send many calming vibes and hope that they bloomin well stop soon.

Thank you for the calming vibes. Both bunnies are on long term meds, including pain relief, and whilst it's not typical presentation for either I have put them on maximum Metacam and also Tramadol ( always given as instructed by my vets) and they have settled. Autumn has also groomed Flame too. So guess this was a pain response. We shall he visiting the vets tomorrow. My gut says its Autumn but both will have a check.

I totally sympathise; as you know I am having similar problems with Molly & Barney. We have a vet appointment on Saturday as I have to work tomorrow :( good luck with yours! I hope you can get to the bottom of it x

They were- no problems at all until half an hour ago when Autumn and Flame had a proper fight and then Flame turned on Wish. Flame is now separate and I have no idea what to do. I hope we can see our preferred vet and that he has something to offer. The fight start probably shortly after the Tramadol would be expected to wear off.

They were- no problems at all until half an hour ago when Autumn and Flame had a proper fight and then Flame turned on Wish. Flame is now separate and I have no idea what to do. I hope we can see our preferred vet and that he has something to offer. The fight start probably shortly after the Tramadol would be expected to wear off.

Oh :censored:

It may be pain, but Tramadol can cause some sedation too so maybe that played a part in the 'calming' effect :?

It's really windy here again. If it's the same where you are maybe that is getting to them too :? Maybe they are thinking gales = intruders to our territory :?

Remind me, why is it we love these complex little animals so much !!

I hope the vet visit goes ok. It certainly sounds like pain or a change in temperament for some reason has sparked a drama.

Oh :censored:

It may be pain, but Tramadol can cause some sedation too so maybe that played a part in the 'calming' effect :?

It's really windy here again. If it's the same where you are maybe that is getting to them too :? Maybe they are thinking gales = intruders to our territory :?

Remind me, why is it we love these complex little animals so much !!

I didn't know that. How did I not know that.

Autumn has had Tramadol everytime he has an acute pain episode so it's something he knows. He did just seem much more comfortable after having it- which yes, could have been the sedating effect, although moulting does stress his gut and I suspect it may be that.

I hope the vet visit goes ok. It certainly sounds like pain or a change in temperament for some reason has sparked a drama.

I agree. They've been a stable bonded pair for 3 years now and Autumn has never EVER had a problem with a bunny before- he's the peacekeeper when Wish and Flame scrap and he will sit in the middle and guide one away from the other and stuff. It's very sad :(

Hope the vet can shed some light on it because otherwise I'm out of ideas.

Sorry to hear the buns are not on an even keel.
I'm sure you and your vet will get it sorted out though.

I'm interested in the use on Tramadol in buns and wonder if there are some buns whom Tramadol does not agree with?
Why I ask is that some people have a really bad time with Tramadol and maybe that is a possible scenario in buns?
We have patients who report feeling really awful and 'out of it', so not a pleasant sedative experience at all.

Vets with our preferred vet at 11am.

Sorry to hear the buns are not on an even keel.
I'm sure you and your vet will get it sorted out though.

I'm interested in the use on Tramadol in buns and wonder if there are some buns whom Tramadol does not agree with?
Why I ask is that some people have a really bad time with Tramadol and maybe that is a possible scenario in buns?
We have patients who report feeling really awful and 'out of it', so not a pleasant sedative experience at all.

I've been using tramadol for about 3 years now and had many bunnies have it (well, maybe about 10-12). I've not seen any adverse affects. I've found it to be quick acting and very helpful. I am always warey with a new med and a new med in a different bunny but with this one, we've not had any problems. Not saying that we won't, or that it doesn't happen, but not yet seen anything that rang alarm bells for me.

I'm not sure you'd call what these patients describe an adverse reaction but we seem to get a reasonable number of patients who state that they've had Tramadol in the past and prefer not to repeat the experience.
So I guess I wondered if you seen any behaviour changes at all, but maybe buns suit Tramadol better than some humans.
Hope you get to the bottom of it all.

Back