• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yet Another Severe Weather Warning: Boxing Day Night/Friday morning

Pebble

New Kit
Seems never-ending - but be aware this extremely unusual run of very severe storms are already going down in the history books and breaking records!

Another "explosive" low is approaching and now looking to be just as bad if not worse than the one that hit us last monday night/tuesday.

There will be more torrential rain and the South will cop it again on top of the already flooded rivers and saturated ground - heavy rain currently forecast between 2am and mid-day on 27th. You also need to factor in the 24-48hour delay whilst the larger rivers respond - witness Leatherhead/Guildford/Maidstone/Tonbridge yesterday/early this morning and now the Severn and the Thames.

Winds currently forecast to 60mph inland and >80mph on coasts on yellow warning currently....but expect this to be upgraded at short notice as the storm approaches - strongest winds will apparently affect mainly the western side of the country from Cornwall right through to Scotland.

Please keep an eye on the Met office and Environment Agency websites - especially if you live anywhere near a watercourse......plan your travel carefully and make sure you have torches/batteries etc at the ready and an evacuation plan in place if you are at serious risk.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/...&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1388102400

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/31618.aspx

Unfortunately, there is a further storm, possibly just as bad, coming through on 30th/31st December. ...more on that as the models become a bit more consistent.

Merry Xmas RU - hope you all manage to stay safe, warm and dry!

xxxx

Yes, it seems like it's never ending doesn't it?!

It's been quite a calm day here today but the wind started picking up about 6pm and now is getting quite strong. I think I'll get in my little decorative Christmas trees inside before I jump in the bath as I don't want them to break.

I feel so sorry for the ones who have been flooded, absolutely dreadful. With more rain on the horizon they must be devastated.

Thankfully not bad for my part of Lincolnshire wind-wise, highest wind gust is 50mph at 3am tomorrow but I'm not worried as the buns are in the most sheltered part of the garden possible and in a heavy aviary thing. The rain may be yucky but we've never flooded before and we live on the top of a hill which is brilliant!

Hope everyone manages to stay safe, dry and undamaged x

It's been dry and calm all day here, but it has just started raining. Sounds quite heavy from the sound it's making on the conservatory roof.

I hope everyone and their pets stays safe xx

We've just finished weather proofing the run a bit, the front of it is quite open to the wind though the sides are ok and sheltered. We got some perspex to put over the front though still missing a bit.

run_zpsdee9d3cb.jpg

Back