• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed help please

Fluffs

Alpha Buck
Hi:wave:

I've got a bit of a dilemma. I'm guessing pressure treated wood is toxic for rabbits?

So i've got to put something around the inside perimeter to stop Fluffy chewing it.
My first thought was wire, but that's expensive and I just don't have enough spare from the run :roll:
But I also wondered how you'd get it to stand up/attach?

Hopefully next winter (Next Christmas:lol:) we will insulate the shed, so cover it with plywood, but until then I need to think of something.

My problem is that I want it to look nice:(
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance x

To attatch wire you use those little u shaped things with 2 points. If you are going to replace it with board I would not bash them right in so that they are easier to get out when the time comes (with pliers or a claw hammer). I do find that fluff and poo gather in the mesh which doesnt look great so board will defo be the neatest solution.

I would use the metal edging used when you plaster corners. (skim bead or angle bead?) Do not use mesh, I have my aviary double meshed for extra fox safety and in the summer it's okay but when I add sides in the winter the mess collects inside the two layers and looks really messy, hair ,poo and hay!:wave:

How big is the shed?

As maybe it be best to ply line the lower part say 3 to 4ft high with thin plywood.

The shed is 6ft x 6ft, so quite a lot of wall space.
(About 5'8 high maybe?)
Plywood is a good idea, but we'd have to only attach it temporarily if we can insulate it in the future...

I'll have to look at prices, and dig out some old stuff, I just thought mesh because I have some spare (But not enough:roll:)

Thanks for your replies :wave:

Actually,

How do you attach mesh to a lino floor without there being any chewing or spiking opportunities?

Thanks xx

Actually,

How do you attach mesh to a lino floor without there being any chewing or spiking opportunities?

Thanks xx

Do you mean you want the mesh to stop your rabbits chewing the lino which you used for the floor?
When i put lino down it was like this:
7180644516_0fdccab7bd_m.jpg

To attach mesh its hammer and nail or use a powered staple gun, by nails I mean crown staples which are U shape nails.

Like others have said mesh collects hay, straw etc between the mesh and shed wall and is hard to clean it out.

Your shed is 6x6ft, if you buy a plywood sheet that is 8x4ft, cut it down to fit, you would need either 4 sheets which left over plywood or if you use the left over plywood you will need 3 sheets.

Or if you cut the 4ft down to 2ft, you will only need 2 sheets.

Screw the plywood to the timber frame so that you can remove easily.
Most timber merchants and even B & Q can cut plywood down for you.

Hope this helps

Do you mean you want the mesh to stop your rabbits chewing the lino which you used for the floor?
When i put lino down it was like this:
7180644516_0fdccab7bd_m.jpg

To attach mesh its hammer and nail or use a powered staple gun, by nails I mean crown staples which are U shape nails.

Like others have said mesh collects hay, straw etc between the mesh and shed wall and is hard to clean it out.

Your shed is 6x6ft, if you buy a plywood sheet that is 8x4ft, cut it down to fit, you would need either 4 sheets which left over plywood or if you use the left over plywood you will need 3 sheets.

Or if you cut the 4ft down to 2ft, you will only need 2 sheets.

Screw the plywood to the timber frame so that you can remove easily.
Most timber merchants and even B & Q can cut plywood down for you.

Hope this helps

Thank you this helped a lot :wave:

I think I'll do this :thumb:

Back