PDA

View Full Version : Ramps?

RedSwiftie13
22-12-2013, 10:31 PM
My new mini lop Phoebe (whom I bought this morning) won't use her ramp? I'm worried because she's not getting the most out of the hutch
Will she learn over the next few days or do I have to teach her?I've put her on both the upper and lower level but she just seems to ignore the ramp :cry:

tulsi
22-12-2013, 10:41 PM
You could try putting a brick under the end to make it less steep. Many people put sides on to make them safer. That may make her feel more confident. Also carpet or roofing felt on the ramp will give her a better grip.

RedSwiftie13
22-12-2013, 11:11 PM
You could try putting a brick under the end to make it less steep. Many people put sides on to make them safer. That may make her feel more confident. Also carpet or roofing felt on the ramp will give her a better grip.

There is already felt on the ramp and I'll probably try putting a brick under tomorrow as it does seem awfully steep :shock:
As for the sides I don't really know any DIY experts but if it's necessary I'm sure I can do it ;)

KatP
22-12-2013, 11:27 PM
When I brought my mini lops home the larger of the two had no prob with the ramp but the smaller one took about three days to get used to it. She now likes to sit on the ramp when I let it down in the mornings :lol: give it a couple of days, just make sure your bun has hay and water both top and bottom, and see if she figures it out. Then look into other solutions.

RedSwiftie13
23-12-2013, 01:38 AM
When I brought my mini lops home the larger of the two had no prob with the ramp but the smaller one took about three days to get used to it. She now likes to sit on the ramp when I let it down in the mornings :lol: give it a couple of days, just make sure your bun has hay and water both top and bottom, and see if she figures it out. Then look into other solutions.

Thank you I suppose it is only the first day :) Maybe she'll surprise us all and be sleeping in the top when I go check on her in the morning :lol:

PrincessPomPom
23-12-2013, 03:08 AM
You only got her today and you've put her outside :shock: in this weather? Has she always been an outdoor rabbit if not you should bring her in :shock:

RedSwiftie13
23-12-2013, 11:35 AM
You only got her today and you've put her outside :shock: in this weather? Has she always been an outdoor rabbit if not you should bring her in :shock:

No she's not outdoors ;) She's in my cellar where it's warm

Mrsmcarey
23-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Of my 3 Uncle Stu is fearless and will instantly have a go at anything :lol: I was worried with the ramp but he was up it before I finished screwing it down :roll:

Casserole and Dumplin the brothers - Casserole is much like Stu I find them usually climbing on stuff they shouldn't in the garden like the top of the run trying to see if they can get onto the hutch roof:roll:

Dumplin is a bit of a chicken but he will eventually have a go, he wouldn't use the ramp for a while but now they are up and down in a shot, they are French lop crosses so bigger and now don't need the ramp just go for it :lol: one leap gets them anywhere :shock:

RedSwiftie13
23-12-2013, 11:11 PM
Of my 3 Uncle Stu is fearless and will instantly have a go at anything :lol: I was worried with the ramp but he was up it before I finished screwing it down :roll:

Casserole and Dumplin the brothers - Casserole is much like Stu I find them usually climbing on stuff they shouldn't in the garden like the top of the run trying to see if they can get onto the hutch roof:roll:

Dumplin is a bit of a chicken but he will eventually have a go, he wouldn't use the ramp for a while but now they are up and down in a shot, they are French lop crosses so bigger and now don't need the ramp just go for it :lol: one leap gets them anywhere :shock:

Wow I don't think Phoebe will ever get that big! :shock: (Unless I got really confused with the breeds :lol:

I've wedged it up now with a house that used to belong to the guinea pigs so hopefully she'll find it less daunting ;) I'll try putting sides on if she's still not happy