• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel guilty

little-laura

Wise Old Thumper
we have started to look for houses to buy....

In our range the max bedrooms is three we want two children ..... soooo... the buns who have become indoor buns will have to be shed buns.... we are looking for houses with room for shed and run in the garden....

i feel so guilty about this ..... as I feel we are putting our needs first....

buts it has been killing me cleaning up the bun mess everyday as its tracked through the house due to the bun room.... (i have a disability)

and we cant afford the bedrooms we would need for them to have a room... i feel soooo bad......

How about looking for a house with a garage as then buns would have a lovely space!

If you get a nice big shed with a light and a heater, and a decent sized aviary attached I'm sure they'll be very happy bunnies! :)

No point worrying about it now, by the time you have 2 children old enough to have their own rooms you might have moved house!

You shouldn't feel guilty. You aren't denying the bunnies any of their needs. As long as they're cared for and have decent accommodation then there isn't a problem.

1) it's going to be at least two/three years before you actually have two children who aren't young babies that need to be in the parent's room. Until then there will be a spare room for the buns.
2) if you wanted, you could keep the children in the same room when they're young, buying you a few extra years to have the buns indoors.
3) going out in a shed isn't all bad! Plenty of people have very happy outdoor rabbits - you might even find yours prefer it once they get used to it.
4) even if the sole reason you wanted them out was the mess, that's totally understandable. It can be difficult to keep on top of - especially with your disability!

Back