• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed?! Fingers crossed!!

KatP

Alpha Buck
Have been asking to get a shed for my buns for the last few weeks hoping I may get one as my Christmas pressie but have now seen my pressie under the tree so know I'm not getting a shed (unless it comes in a tiny box and suddenly grows :lol:) but talking about buying a new hutch tonight with my OH and pointing out that we will need to put it on paving slabs as Fidget really can't tolerate grass he suggested buying a shed as would be about the same cost as the new hutch I really want. He also pointed out that he could build levels into the shed so giving the buns more space and more interactive fun!

So much for the whole I will have nothing to do with them if you get them! If you have converted a shed please can you send me pics of what you have done to give us some ideas? OH has loads of ideas but not sure they are all bunny friendly!

Also one last question, if I am going to get a shed how big would it need to be to have two separate sets of bonded buns living next to each other? I really want to get a bonded pair for OH as he is so jealous of how my pair have bonded with me ( not that he will admit it!)

Last edited:
Just finished putting up the shed today :wave: :D
Will post pics when I can.

Got it (6ftx 6ft) from here so didn't convert it.

For converting ideas you could try the RWAF page, though not sure it's much help:
http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/shedconversion.htm

What shed have you got at the moment to convert? And what are your ideas? x

For size, for a pair of buns I opted for a 6x6 as I thougt a 6x4 might be a bit small, so if you were going to have two bonded pairs separately the smallest you should get is 8x6 (Which is quite big :shock:) and if you had the money for it to be spacious, I would go for a 12ft x 6.

(So maybe your next pair should housebuns!:lol:)

Good luck, I've got my fingers crossed for your shed!:D

I am hoping to get a shed big enough for two bonded pairs and will be looking at 8 x 6 with a door in the middle of the longest side.

Just finished putting up the shed today :wave: :D
Will post pics when I can.

Got it (6ftx 6ft) from here so didn't convert it.

For converting ideas you could try the RWAF page, though not sure it's much help:
http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/shedconversion.htm

What shed have you got at the moment to convert? And what are your ideas? x

For size, for a pair of buns I opted for a 6x6 as I thougt a 6x4 might be a bit small, so if you were going to have two bonded pairs separately the smallest you should get is 8x6 (Which is quite big :shock:) and if you had the money for it to be spacious, I would go for a 12ft x 6.

(So maybe your next pair should housebuns!:lol:)

Good luck, I've got my fingers crossed for your shed!:D

Don't have any shed at the moment was hoping OH would get me one for Christmas but as I said in my first post just seen my pressie wrapped under the tree and it's not a shed :lol: think I shall have to start saving for a 12 ft by 6. It is my birthday in Feb so will start dropping really large hints now, although I have got my OH a drill for Christmas to enable him to make the alterations I want!!!

I am hoping to get a shed big enough for two bonded pairs and will be looking at 8 x 6 with a door in the middle of the longest side.

That is such a good idea and not one I had thought of having the door in the middle of the long side would make so much sense!

Back