• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pre-chrimbo weather warning -bunnies to go inside?

Pebble

New Kit
Please see attached information posted on your sister site the Guinea Pig forum ref bad storms approaching......even into the mid south east!

http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/new-weather-warning-mon-tues.109466/#post-1488924

No wynd-up intended.....but the severity of the incoming low pressure weather event would suggest that it may be better for ALL bunnies in affected areas to ALSO be inside sheltered accommodation by mid-day tomorrow for at least 24 hrs.

At the end of the day it is up to you...and the Met Offfice

Stay safe and Happy Chrimbo

xxxx.

Thanks for this. Last night and today have been bad enough. I just managed to get all the buns done before it went dark.

Oh dear. I do so hope it passes us by. I have nowhere to put six rabbits in two different set ups in the house ...

Scary again isn't it :0( . I only have two. It we have just finished decorting nd repairing the bun damage from when they were in last. I'm hoping to get away with Monday evening nd possibly Xmas eve back outside for Xmas day .. I can't remember it being this windy before ....

Oh dear. Looks like I'll be doing some bonding early at this rate. Not sure that I can find room for all 12 buns otherwise :shock:

Oh dear. I do so hope it passes us by. I have nowhere to put six rabbits in two different set ups in the house ...

I'm afraid Wales is forecast to "cop it" big time for both wind and rain. Is there any chance you can at least get your buns into a barn/shed? In an emergency - small cages indoors are perfectly acceptable....and this is an emergency.

Ref space: I once stuffed all my pigs into pet carriers for 5 hours whilst i was flooded/marooned......it was not pleasant for them - but given that or drowning I chose the pet carriers. The (very nice hunky) Firemen were none too impressed when I refused to be evacuated unless they brought the pigs out too.....they relented when they realised they were already in pet carriers!

For info: Latest BBC forecast .....obviously taken from latest met office findings.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/25479183

Stay safe everyone...these wind speeds can easily blow over outdoor cages and wreck chicken runs....please plan any travel very carefully.

xxx

Back