PDA

View Full Version : enriching enclosure ideas help

Newzealandwhites
21-12-2013, 01:22 PM
so Archie and Yule have a 45 sq ft enclosure in the sitting room inside that they have a 80cm by 50cm tray filled with hay and woodchips, this is where the ss gets sprinkled fed and fresh gets put, water bottle is on the side as well as a wooden log chew toy, they have a hay feeder at the other end, they have a card board box, a carpet, a ball with bell inside, a card board tube with hay in, a set of keys on a hoop, a chew toy and a electronic toy that makes noise when they press the button's Archie is scared of crinkle tubes so it was taken out, but Yule loved it, the fence around the enclosure is 3 ft high, any other ideas to what to give them, they get free range time at night,

Tamsin
21-12-2013, 08:02 PM
Treat balls are good. Also you could try rotating the toys so they don't have the same ones all at once. Anything they can pick up and throw is good. Branches too - things like apple. Bunnies seem to have much more interest is branches off a tree compared to those little prepacked chew sticks.

RedSwiftie13
22-12-2013, 09:36 PM
My bunny loves her mat made out of hay whether to sit on or scratch at :p I think their called chill n chew mats? She also likes loofah chews to throw around

Tilia
22-12-2013, 11:31 PM
It sounds like you have lots of good ideas already :)

The trio pack of Naturals balls is good for throwing around and chewing (Wilko's have them too). Also the logs that you can bend into a tunnel shape. Or a metal fruit holder stick, which I like because you can vary what's threaded onto it - veg, hazel/apple leaves, wooden chews, small willow balls etc. :)