• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daisy has decided I'm deserving of licks!! :D

Ailstar

Mama Doe
After a mere 6 months Daisy has finally decided I am more than just her 'slave' and has started to lick me :) she started grooming my fleece first last night and then determinedly licked my hand. :). And she's done it again twice tonight. I can't believe how excited I am about this. :) she is nowhere near as enthusiastic as Levi (I just have to show him my hand/face/arm and he'll happily lick away) but I definitely think she loves me :)

I have had Lilly 1 year and 9 months and I have never had a lick from her (well except a couple where she aimed to lick the food and got me by accident, then looked disgusted...) and I doubt I ever will :roll: I often try, I'll groom her for ages then put my hand under her chin, she either picks the hand up and tries to throw it or just sits up and looks at me with the most disapproving look on her face ever before hopping off :lol: I love her anyway and I know she loves me too, even if she doesn't think it's socially appropriate to express her love with licks! :lol:

Bunny licks are juts amazing though aren't they? :love: Harvey is a BIG licker, he will lick almost any human if you stroke him right, he's a little flirt!!!!

I have had Lilly 1 year and 9 months and I have never had a lick from her (well except a couple where she aimed to lick the food and got me by accident, then looked disgusted...) and I doubt I ever will :roll: I often try, I'll groom her for ages then put my hand under her chin, she either picks the hand up and tries to throw it or just sits up and looks at me with the most disapproving look on her face ever before hopping off :lol: I love her anyway and I know she loves me too, even if she doesn't think it's socially appropriate to express her love with licks! :lol:

Bunny licks are juts amazing though aren't they? :love: Harvey is a BIG licker, he will lick almost any human if you stroke him right, he's a little flirt!!!!

I honestly thought Daisy would just never be a licker, Levi started so early on and is so enthusiastic. He hasn't got to the stage he'll lick anyone (secretly I'm quite pleased about this haha!) but he licks me constantly, and will sometimes for a full on facewash if I'm at the right height. But Daisy just used to nudge my hand out of the way, or look at it as if to say 'well what on earth do you expect me to do with that?' So when she licked me yesterday I kind of thought she'd done it by accident. But then she did it again tonight. So pleased! At one point I had simultaneous licks from Daisy sy and Levi at the same time. But she is funny, she kind of does it when I'm not paying attention and if I make a big deal of it she stops immediately. Haha.

I honestly thought Daisy would just never be a licker, Levi started so early on and is so enthusiastic. He hasn't got to the stage he'll lick anyone (secretly I'm quite pleased about this haha!) but he licks me constantly, and will sometimes for a full on facewash if I'm at the right height. But Daisy just used to nudge my hand out of the way, or look at it as if to say 'well what on earth do you expect me to do with that?' So when she licked me yesterday I kind of thought she'd done it by accident. But then she did it again tonight. So pleased! At one point I had simultaneous licks from Daisy sy and Levi at the same time. But she is funny, she kind of does it when I'm not paying attention and if I make a big deal of it she stops immediately. Haha.

Harvey licked from early too, first day I got him actually :oops: I thought I must have had something tasty on my hand but I now know he's just a people pleaser :lol: although he will lick anyone, he only licks me without prompting :love: he'll just walk over to me if I'm on the ground and wash me whereas other people have to stroke him in the right way before he rewards with licks, so I know I am still his favourite even if he is a bit of a flirt :p

I'll never give up asking Lilly for licks, but I'm not insulted that she doesn't want to give them, she likes to pretend she's a confident independent bunny, she's not really, much more easily frightened than Harvey and she requires constant nose rubs so not all that independent :p one day, when she's elderly and less stubborn she might decide I am a worthy one and slip me a quick lick or two :lol:

Yule licked up my arm tonight when she was sitting on my knee getting stroked :love: she has never done it before and I was worried she might be missing some thing out of her diet like salt :?, since been told she was grooming me :love: awww so soft and cute,

Awww :love: Blueberry used to lick me as a baby, that's why I picked him actually :oops: but he seems to have grown out of it. Although he licks my OH whenever he gets close enough :roll: Badger has licked me occasionally and Blackavar licked me for the first time last week :love: I was brushing him on my knee and then he started licking my hand :love:

Slipper has never licked me, if my hand got that close to his mouth, I'd lose it :roll:

Back