• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Echinacea - WOW!

Fellie

Warren Veteran
Now I'm not 100% sure it is the Echincea but when I took Cheyenne off Baytril and started feeding her Echinacea (2 weeks ago) - her sneezes are SO much better - she still sneezes a bit, but no where near as bad as she had been.

And I think she is feeling way better in herself as well - I always said that beyond the sneezing you wouldn't know anything was wrong with her - but I didn't know her then...and boy is she a fiesty, VERY naughty little madam these days...absolutly into everything, and dashing everywhere - but always takes time out to give her mummy her nose for a some rubs :love:

So - I would highly recommend Echinacea to anyone - all my 6 buns get it now - and a big thank you to those who recommended it to me :thumb:

Thanks for that. I will give it to Mottle and Peaches as Mottle does do a lot of sneezing despite the baytril...

Did you use the drops? How many drops a day per rabbit? Or did you just put it into their water?

Thanks for the suggestion, Im definitely going to try it on my sneezy Mimi.

How do you give it and in what form? :wave:

I used it for Inca when she was ill. Then when she went to the bridge I used what she had left and have now been having it for months it and I have felt great from taking it!

I havent used drops at all..just the herbal form...also known as Coneflower..Naturals do it and Jacks Jane mentioned it in Rabbit Chat. I ordered mine on line...could not tell you where from though...I think it was Hay Experts?. I just give my girl a bowl full each morning which she grazes on throught out the day. And also the other buns...along with their pellets in the morning. Not their favourite treat but they do eventually eat it.

I've been using Echinacea drops in Evie's water for a while now and it has worked wonders. She still sneezes and gets a little discharge but nowhere near as bad as before.

We also sprinkle red raspberry leaf on her food which also seems to do the trick

Back