• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies going into Boarding.... any tips? UD with bunny pix!

Schtoffen

Mama Doe
Hi all....

My babies are going into boarding tomorrow! I'm going to leave a very detailed list of their behaviour with the lady but I'm paranoid I've forgotten something.

She feeds the same pellets as me so that's okay...same hay...fresh water... do we think it would be a good idea to tell her to not feed greens for the first two days? I don't think them having a big heap of greens after a big stress is a good idea...I think just pellets and hay.

I've got two types of treat for if they're eating normally and some pre/pro biotic powder just incase they look like they're not hungry...

Hmmm... I'll take along their vax records too....

Oh lord, I'm fretting :oops::oops:

Last edited:
Good luck

What about pet insurance details and vet details... just in case...

All the best

Fee x

Good luck

What about pet insurance details and vet details... just in case...

All the best

Fee x

I did think about that but I think the way my insurance works is that you fill in a claim form afterwards, so they wouldn't be needed at the time of treatment... I will ask her to get receipts if they need any treatment though :thumb:

i was like you when i put eddie and bella into boarding earlier this year. i wrote a kind of C.V. for each of them detailing everything from colour to distinguishing features (eddie: a little tubby and bella:eyes like saucers)

the more info you can give the more your mind will be at rest, contact numbers, likes and dislikes, funny habbits, it all helps.

good luck!

em

I'd take something that smells of them. When our pair go I'm going to take their litter tray and their bed.

In my experience most bunnies actually like being somewhere different to explore, scent out and generally cause mischief.:lol::D

Mine are like Mrs Bunnykins says, they tend not to be nervous or stressed but curious about the change. Personally I wouldn't change anything about their diet, if they usually get greens daily I would continue as normal. I think a sudden change from what they are used to is more likely to cause a problem than carrying on as normal. I would probably take their normal bowls/bottles if they have them, so that they are familiar to them, especially for water.

Last edited:
Aww, I know that feeling - I boarded Slipper for a week in the summer, he was my only bunny then and I missed him so much! He was fine though, they loved him and he was much better behaved for them than he is for me, little monster!

They're home!!! :D

2013-12-29142811_zps37c18af2.jpg

Speed Washing

2013-12-29143041_zpsa3a6fba5.jpg

Cleaning up the Christmas mess

2013-12-29143305_zps3109a3bb.jpg

Where are the snacks??

2013-12-29143313_zps75de3f0a.jpg

*chomp chomp*

Back