• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this much poo normal

Whitelighter

Warren Scout
Poppy is very active this evening but she's walking around pooing everywhere.

They are nice hay filled big poos which is great and all, but it just the volume.

If they're nice and big and golden it's not a problem! Honestly, the amount of time bunny owners dedicate to worrying about poo is hilarious! :lol: Is there a reason she might want to mark her territory?

I don't think so - unless she's miffed we've decided to actually sit in the sofa tonight.

She has a smorgasbord of hay from hay experts to find one she actually likes so hopefully this indicates she's eating some if it.

Nope, lots of good poos indicate a healthy gut.

As Hoppit said, the walking around doing them is marking her territory.

Might just be because she's not spayed yet - can't remember how old she is but they can start getting hormonal at about 12 weeks sometimes. Or it might be that she feels a bit unsettled because something has changed/ there's another bun around.

No not spayed - she's just under 16 weeks but our vet said we should wait until 5 months/25 weeks

Will probably be hormonal then, but little things like cleaning the floor, cleaning out her litter tray, moving the furniture, new people visiting, your partner coming home smelling of the buns at her work, her feeling unsettled about something etc can set them off marking more than usual. Or it could even be that she usually does it but hasn't for a while as she's been poorly so she is catching up :lol:

Probably a good idea to wait, yes, especially since she hasn't been well, as anesthetic can cause gut slowdowns. Make sure, when you do get her done, that she is given a gut stimulant injection and that you also get metacam to give for a few days at home, and this will help prevent that. Not all vets give it as standard, you see.

Poo...who mentioned poo? Poo pictures, poo stories....can't get enough of poo stories and of course photos.:thumb:

Good poos = healthy bunny!:thumb:

Poo...who mentioned poo? Poo pictures, poo stories....can't get enough of poo stories and of course photos.:thumb:

Good poos = healthy bunny!:thumb:

:thumb::lol::lol::lol:

Just wish I could sell all the poo our lot produce - would make a fortune!:D

My unspayed girl Frankie constantly drops bumbles behind her, and for a tiny rabbit they are really big!! She can magically turn a big pile of hay into a big pile of bumbles overnight, I have never seen anything like it :lol:

Hahahaha I was wondering this too yesterday....

Little doesn't normally do as many poos and Ted, but when I got up yesterday morning there were bjillions of them! I couldn't believe such a small bun could produce so many :lol::lol:

Back