• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hearwarming news for this time of year. Where rabbits are concerned....

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
......times are (slowly)changing for the better.:thumb:

I've been caring for small animals for almost 12 years now, and in all that time, my diary for the following year has never had so many advance bookings.:thumb: People are checking with me before they book their own holidays.:shock::shock:

Many, many people do care about their small animals, rabbits, guineas hamsters etc and want to have them cared for properly whilst they are away from their homes.

There is so much sad and unhappy news about rabbits but I assure you that there are many lovely, caring and knowledgeable owners too.

Just wanted to share some positive news with you all.

And Christmas for me........busy with boarding bunnies and guineas, home visits to chickens and cats and will manage to squeeze in some time to spend with my furry family and of course my OH.:thumb::D:D

That is nice to hear! Have you ever had to look after something a bit out of the norm?

Giant land snails. TBH they weren't the most interesting of pets....well IMO.

So far I've cared for ....not all at my house, chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, dogs, cats, gerbils, hamsters, degus, mice, rats, budgies, zebra finches, cockatiels, chinchillas, rabbits, guinea pigs, lambs and pigs.:thumb:

Great job.:thumb:

So far I've cared for ....not all at my house, chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, dogs, cats, gerbils, hamsters, degus, mice, rats, budgies, zebra finches, cockatiels, chinchillas, rabbits, guinea pigs, lambs and pigs.:thumb:

Great job.:thumb:

Goodness - what a lot of species have come your way. I think degus are very cute - they look like giant gerbils. :love:

You are an angel Mrs. Bunnykins :love:
I haven't had a vacation in years due to my bunnies/cats/dogs. I envy those who are lucky enough to have you watching over their dear ones while they are away. :)
Bless you. xxxx

:love: Is it me or has small pet care really improved over the last years?

In my opinion and experience it definitely has. Many of my clients won't book their holiday(s) until they know that I can care for their little ones. I frequently get calls and e-mails from bunny owners who need some advice. Obviously I am not a vet, but other than having veterinary experience, I do have 18 years of caring for my own furry family and since starting my business I must have cared for 200 -300 bunnies, 100 guinea pigs, numerous budgies, hamsters, degus............all absolutely adorable.:love:

Thanks mollyjoker.:thumb: My goodness...:oops::oops:Shy more than embarrassed smiley.
And thank you everyone else for having such faith in my caring capabilities. Your sentiments are appreciated and I will remember them for when I am feeling down and question myself. xxxx

Last edited:
Back