• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freeads- Is it Getting Worse ?

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Recently I have been avoiding looking on the likes of Preloved etc. But stupidly I just had a look and things seem worse than ever :cry: I have seen one photo of an obviously ill Rabbit and one of a Rabbit being dangled in the air for a photo to be taken :cry: Then there is the 'would make an ideal Christmas Present for the kids' ads :cry:

I have sent a few polite messages and now await the inevitable abusive responses

It is so depressing isn't it :cry:

I don't know why I look but I do. It just gives out such a poor message to any children involved too, they end up thing animals are disposable too :cry:

It is getting worse

:evil:

"Hamsters are lovely but we are students who are going home for Christmas and unfortunately can not give the care and attention these hamsters need"

Oh, thats interesting!

I've been looking recently and so far I've not really seen anything alarming. Obviously not all the animals are kept in the best conditions but I've not seen anything really bad. In fact I've seen a few ads where people are looking for homes for their neutered, vaccinated bonded rabbits and I've seen another ad where the man had his rabbits in a really spacious hutch and another in a shed which looked really good :thumb:

The dog and cat ads also seem to be written by people who really care for their pets and even the various hamsters I saw seemed well looked after and in spacious cages!

It must vary so much!

:?

Last edited:
Back