• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

****** ****** ****** ****** :(

PrincessPomPom

Warren Scout
Why strawberry why?!? :(

15cdcig.jpg

My landlord already has it out for me! My oh is gonna hit the roof when he finds out :(

Eta : I didn't know b*gger was a bad word :lol:

Oh no! :( When I had house bunnies, one had a massive go at a carpet once. Luckily I was there, so I managed to stop her game by covering it up. But it looked rubbish when we were selling the house.

It's strictly a bunny room I don't have any furniture to put there unless I put a chest of drawers there from downstairs just when we move the landlord won't be happy and we probably won't get our deposit back so oh is gonna be so angry because she's my bunny :(

I suppose we could but oh won't be happy =/ she's never been destructive before and I know oh is gonna tell me to cage her :roll::evil:

Welcome to the world of houserabbits.

If you aren't meant to have them, you shouldn't do if your landlord says not to.

Carpet can be cheap to get - get a few offcuts etc or something if its a small room.

:shock: This is why I have outdoor bunnies, they can be as destructive as they like. Digging is a natural behaviour for them, perhaps you could give her a digging box so she can exhibit the behaviour somewhere more appropriate in future.

Welcome to the world of houserabbits.

If you aren't meant to have them, you shouldn't do if your landlord says not to.

Carpet can be cheap to get - get a few offcuts etc or something if its a small room.

The landlord is fine with animals, next door which he also owns has mastiffs but he just doesn't like me, he threatened to throw us out when we'd only moved in a month because there was one cobweb in the bedroom :shock: it's my oh who isnt animal friendly and is usually fine about them until they destroy something :roll:

eta - she has a digging box, she moved in out of the way to dig up the carpet..

:shock: Ouch! I suggested getting a rabbit when we lived in London and this is the exact reason why my husband said no. We have Granite floors where we are now so Dexter can dig all he likes he won't get very far!

If I was you I would call your landlord and explain what has happened and apologise rather than wait for him to find out. I would also ask him whether he is happy for you to replace the carpet and if so what he would like you to get or whether he will do it. No point replacing anything now though...I would wait until you are ready to move

Good luck!

My two have caused a bit of damage too, chewed doors and a tiny patch of carpet, im going to replace everything thats damaged before i move. Though it'll be a long time yet. I was so upset when i first saw the damage as they hadnt done it before and i didnt expect it. Its so much worse when its not your house

Hope you find a solution. House rabbits can be unpredicatble with their destructiveness - something ignored for month can suddenly provoke the irresistable urge to chew.

Hope you don't get in too much trouble. I love little Strawberry so cute.

I guess I'm lucky that Doughnut isn't a digger as I have wooden floors and a rug which she ignores, she is a chewer though and loves chewing the lining paper and skirting.

Back