• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Famous last words.

Vanessa.B

Mama Doe
I should have known this would happen after declaring Madame Rosie the most expensive bun of the year. I thought nothing would top her two dentals needed over Bank Holiday weekends and an eye infection that led to a blocked tear duct. It seems that Lady Spring has decided to stake her claim for the title.

I rushed her to the vet's on Saturday night, she was fine at 5.30 but two hours later refused her tea and was obviously in discomfort. I panicked a bit as both Chris and I though her tummy felt distended. I was more reassured as the vet said she was not bloated but they kept her in as her tummy was obviously tender. She didn't poo until late on Sunday and was starting to eat on her own yesterday but the vets were concerned there was a problem with her back. They had noticed that she wasn't hopping correctly. I feel terrible that I may have missed something, she had some time on the grass on Friday and was binkying around as normal.

I was due to collect her this morning and find out more but I got a call to say that they weren't happy with her behaviour when eating and that they thought they had spotted a hook on one of the back molars. So poor Spring is to have her teeth checked under a GA. Any spare RU vibes for Spring would be gratefully received, she is such a pretty bun and puts up with Gabriel being a selfish 'pig' at times.

I love the buns dearly but bunny illness is so stressful.

She had an Xray on Saturday - I guess this would have covered her spine though maybe not from different angles.

When she was handed into the rescue last year Spring was grossly overweight. She may well therefore had not had the opportunity to exercise - I don't know if this may have contributed to a problem with her spine.

Back