• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Yule has ate a small half plastic stick on stud

Newzealandwhites

Alpha Buck
its smaller than the size of her droppings width and height wise by half, saw her do it but couldn't get it out before she swallowed it, :( She is now eating her way through the hay, but im stressed now :cry:

I honestly think she will be fine. My buns have eaten all sorts! Seems like it was just a wee thing so no need to worry.

Thank you, it just fills you with worry :(, I have been trying to find out how long it will take to pass through, she is a little madam :roll:

What are they like, they are little g*ts,:roll:, I could see it in her mouth I saw her take it but she swallowed it before I could try to take it out her mouth

I've had to take a pink fleece off them as picked it up to shake the hay off and there are huge holes In it, they have a purple one too with not one nibble out of it! SO naughty

Hope Yule will be OK.

My Spenser has eaten a few things defintely not ideal for bunny consumption. No matter how much hay and chew touys I provide he will always surprise me by chewing things he shouldn't.

she is ok this morning just the same cramming the hay down and looks bright and active enough, keeping an eye on her though just incase :thumb:

Back