• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

PETA vegetarian month

Springfield24

Alpha Buck
Anybody else going vegetarian or vegan for a month? There's info and a downloadable pack. After what I heard about the angora rabbit fur (couldn't face watching) thought this would be good!

Any tips from anyone who is already a vegetarian?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

good idea. i had a look but i'm not ready for it yet. but i'm in favour of the idea and will give it a bump up the page.

I'm going veggie again after Christmas :D I don't like meat anyway but my only weakness is pigs in blankets, can't resist them :cry: I love quorn things though iv done 6 months on no meat before and found it pretty easy

im veggie, and unfortuantely i love meat. i really wish there was a meat tree next to my money tree! lol. :lol:
but my principals come first, so not pigs in blankets or roast meat for me. the only thing i reccommend by turning into a veggie is that you should be open to eating different things that you never would before as you do need a good variety of veggie foods so you can get all the vitamins and nutrients you would have gotten through meat. for example i never liked the taste of cous cous or palenta, aubergine and others. But I knew they were meat free, so kept trying at it, and making my own recipes until i got used to it, and then started liking it. I hope it goes well for you. :)

I have been vegan for over a decade now but I think its great you guys want to give it a try. Every little thing you do is a step towards a greener life and a reduced impact on our environment and animal cruelty :thumb:

I've been veggie for a while now and am slowly transitioning into eating vegan (it's tricky as gluten free bread almost always has fecking eggs in!) I've found the best thing to do is throw yourself into food-exploration (and this has also helped me recover from my most recent ED relapse)

It's important to not try and "replace" meat because you'll just get frustrated that what you're eating isn't meat. It's only now that I haven't been eating meat for almost a year that I include things that some people would call faux-meats in my diet, such as textured soy protein, I sort of just think of them as things to bulk out my dishes and add a bit of protein.

I've been vegetarian for 26 years, but have been gradually adding in more vegan choices over the past couple of years

I gave up milk and yogurts a couple of years ago and switched over to soya products. It took me a while to find a soya milk that I liked, but once I'd found a nice one then giving up milk was quite easy for me. As a treat, I'd recommend the Alpro chocolate milk, it's gorgeous!

The hardest thing for me has been giving up cheese. I tried and failed a number of times over the past two years, but a couple of months ago I made a determined effort to give it up and this time I have succeeded. :thumb: It was the badger culling that did it for me, I was determined not to have anything to do with the dairy industry, so the cheese had to go.

I think I would struggle to be completely vegan. If I give up eggs then I wouldn't be able to have quorn and I use this quite often in cooking.

Good luck to everyone who is making a change. :wave:

Nope... I eat lots of veg anyway and I'd rather support higher welfare produce by buying them than cut meat out all together. :thumb:

I don't think I could be vegetarian, but it has been in my mind a bit recently. I might try to cut down on meat, although I don't eat vast amounts of it. I certainly couldn't be vegan as I need to keep my diet as jigh in calcium as possible.

Back