• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

''We Wondered if You'd Like Our Rabbit......................

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
.........we wont charge you anything for it but we cant keep it because it keeps eating our Christmas tree and decorations and today it chewed through the wire for the Christmas tree lights. We only bought them yesterday''...........................

FFS GIVE ME STRENGTH

:censored: :evil: :censored:

What an offer! Some people are so stupid, why not move the lights out of the bunny's reach or buy battery powered ones like I did?

Poor bunny. Would be better off in a new home.

Wow. I don't understand people like this. They clearly don't care about their rabbit at all. Levi and Daisy aren't house rabbits but no matter what they did I couldn't just give them away, that would be like giving a piece of my heart away...if you have house bunnies it's your responsibility to bunny proof your house adequately, or else suffer the consequences. It is not your bunny's responsibility not to chew your belongings.

:evil: how could you want to give away a pet like that. :censored: It's beyond me. They obviously don't care very much about him/her, poor bun would be better off in a new home.

Archie or Yule chewed my tree lights :roll: I could never give them away for it, Sound to me like the rabbit would be better of in a new home anyway :?

I just about managed to remain polite to the stupid idiot. I explained that Rabbits chew and that as she (they did not even know if they had a Doe or a Buck :roll:) is an indoor Rabbit they simply need to Bunny Proof the rooms she has access to. I gave them a few ideas as to what they could do. I also explained about the dire situation of Pet Rabbits ending up being unwanted after a few weeks and of the number of Rabbits in Rescues. They have had theirs for........................................

a fortnight :roll:

This is one of the problems that can come with impulse buys and rabbits being so cheap to purchase ... How sad. Bet you wished you COULD take the poor rabbit. I do hope they manage to rabbit proof their home for her.

This. I wish RABBITS could turn around and say 'actually, I don't want this human I am just going to go pick out another one' :censored::censored::censored:

:thumb:

Definitely. Mind you, we'd all have streams of animals queuing up at our doors if that were the case! :shock: :D

I don't understand! Animals are trouble and sometimes a hassle. I knew when I got a rabbit he would need cleaning and attention and food even though I have never had a rabbit before. I got him and put him outside in a small double hutch and he started eating away the doors and thought to myself this isn't right he looks sad and bored so put him in the kitchen so he would have more room and attention. This is before I joined this forum. Came home one day and he was down the toilet, lesson learnt make sure the lids down! He escaped from the kitchen over the partition so moved him to upstairs bedroom, then to dining room as he was destroying the bedroom, we have no house phone as chewed through the wire. Got him a friend and penned them off as was destroying the dining room door. Also banned from living room as they like eating off the wall paper! Not once did I think I would get rid of him! I may not have known anything about rabbits but I know that animals in general will make a mess, destroy things and generally be a pain in the bum, but I love animals and its worth it to me the joy they bring that tops all the naughtiness!
I just cant understand why people will have an animal and seem to think that they will fit into their lives perfectly with no trouble at all and with no work from them, then want rid of them when they don't live up to their expectations! :censored: Get a fricking stuffed toy if you want something cute to look at :censored:

Impulse buy. Or just thinking its very cute looking and not realising what is involved.

I don't understand! Animals are trouble and sometimes a hassle. I knew when I got a rabbit he would need cleaning and attention and food even though I have never had a rabbit before. I got him and put him outside in a small double hutch and he started eating away the doors and thought to myself this isn't right he looks sad and bored so put him in the kitchen so he would have more room and attention. This is before I joined this forum. Came home one day and he was down the toilet, lesson learnt make sure the lids down! He escaped from the kitchen over the partition so moved him to upstairs bedroom, then to dining room as he was destroying the bedroom, we have no house phone as chewed through the wire. Got him a friend and penned them off as was destroying the dining room door. Also banned from living room as they like eating off the wall paper! Not once did I think I would get rid of him! I may not have known anything about rabbits but I know that animals in general will make a mess, destroy things and generally be a pain in the bum, but I love animals and its worth it to me the joy they bring that tops all the naughtiness!
I just cant understand why people will have an animal and seem to think that they will fit into their lives perfectly with no trouble at all and with no work from them, then want rid of them when they don't live up to their expectations! :censored: Get a fricking stuffed toy if you want something cute to look at :censored:

I agree. I thought I had prepared myself but as a first time rabbit owner I have quickly come to realise that I had/have no idea. I'll get there though! Give Dexter up?NEVER,it would break my heart...that fluffy monster is stuck with me forever :lol:!!! I don't understand how people can do this!

I despair at times :evil: what do they think rabbits do, its their nature they where domesticated by humans in the first place

Back