• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are male bunnys calmer when neutered??

He will be better neutered and bonded I expect (hope). Frosty is definately calmer since his neuter but still mr bossy pants. (Out in the shed with three others so he doesnt get the chance to be destructive). Snowflake was always calm anyway and all others have arrived from rescues, already done.

He sounds a real character. :)

In most cases, yes. Although I think with some bunnies it's something they have to "grow out of", Boris was still extremely naughty until he was about 3, and then he just stopped. He was neutered at 6 months old.

Sheldon was a complete nutter - he did calm down with neutering but still has retained a certain bonkers element. I think it is an age thing as well - he's over 1 years old now and is not quite so manic.

So I hope Timmy calms down as well :thumb:

DP's being neutered on Thursday so will let you know
He's not aggressive - just a bit of monkey, so I kinda hope he retains that

I had a male Rex years ago who was very aggressive, neutering calmed him only slightly unfortunately.
My current males Dandy and Beano were already neutered when I got them, they are very gentle, would never harm a fly, but you would never describe them as calm :lol: more like loony wild things :lol: :love: but they have quietened down an awful lot since firstly since arriving in April, but more markedly since being bonded with my girls into a quad, and going into a shed and aviary style run instead of hutch/run I think it was end of September?

Maybe Timmy will calm down when he settles in more and has been neutered, I know it took Dandy and Beano months rather than weeks to completely settle, and having a calm and gentle friend might help?

Most are, some just aren't. Lewis is downright angry, and if this is him after being neutered, I'm glad I didn't meet him before he was :shock: :lol:

Most are, some just aren't. Lewis is downright angry, and if this is him after being neutered, I'm glad I didn't meet him before he was :shock: :lol:

Grumpy bun!!!:shock:

Im looking forward to getting him bonded and outside to be honest, the lack of spce in the home is doing my head in x

Being neutered and spayed hasnt stopped any of my buns from being destructive :lol: they are likely to be calmer though!

Spenser is neutered, although he showed none of the usual hormonal symptoms associated with a mature buck.

He has become much nauthier since, but he lives inside now so there is much more temptation. One of the reasons I had him done is that he was an extremely fussy eater and I'd heard neutering might help with this. He is a very greedy rabbit now! :lol:

Ludo is no different for nortyness since being neutered. He's also just the same litter tray wise/

The only thing it's stopped was him marking me, and he only did that once.

Back