• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timmy is a pain in the butt......

moi

Mama Doe
and Im looking forward to when he can live outside. We cant let him free range all the time because 1. Tonic and Peggy share the home and 2. because he is soooo destructive! I thought he'd be happy to be out of his cage but all he wants to do is chew things he shouldnt. If I sit near the tree he tries to chew the sofa, if I stay near the sofa he chews the pressents. He bites if your in his way and he is an absolute nightmare to get back into his cage. Food doesnt tempt him in or treats, so I have to pick him up to get him in and he kicks and scratches me so much I look like Ive been self harming!:shock:

Is there room to fix a puppy panel to his cage so that he doesnt have to be shut in?

Does he have stuff he can chew/dig in? When mine were indoors they had a layer of cardboard on the floor because they liked to dig and chew at it, also loads of newspaper in boxes to dig in and lots and lots of various sticks (apple, willow).

It is sooooo hard to find stuff to tempt them away from the walls. I ended up with a lot of puppy panels round the edge of the room (my bedroom) to protect the skirting boards.

Best of luck.

Is there room to fix a puppy panel to his cage so that he doesnt have to be shut in?

Does he have stuff he can chew/dig in? When mine were indoors they had a layer of cardboard on the floor because they liked to dig and chew at it, also loads of newspaper in boxes to dig in and lots and lots of various sticks (apple, willow).

It is sooooo hard to find stuff to tempt them away from the walls. I ended up with a lot of puppy panels round the edge of the room (my bedroom) to protect the skirting boards.

Best of luck.

No Im afraid not, hes in the kitchen and already blocking off one of the cupboards. He has plenty to do but is not interested in those. He'll have more room 24/7 when he goes outside x

1. A box house to chew and dig;
2. Buy some chew stoppa!!

Sorry to hear he's uncontrollable. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try giving him something different to play with (ie hay filled loo rolls or a new box with hay in). They love to investigate new things.

A pot with earth in?

Try giving him something different to play with (ie hay filled loo rolls or a new box with hay in). They love to investigate new things. Change his set up round (as much as you are able to) on a regular basis. I try to do this with my bunch. Helps to ease their boredom (I hope).

A pot with earth in?

Back