• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Hare but no Bears! Sunshine Daydream looking stunning.

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Perhaps because we are around a bit more in the evenings indoors now - as its so dark so early - Sunshine is becoming a bit less nervy. She is not afraid of us at all but hares are natural 'flight' creatures by instinct if they see unexpected movement and over summer she didnt see us much as we are always out in the garden so she didnt get used to movements. - anyway we are getting some nice photos of her now.

Here she is on the bed (again!) she loves bouncing across it when we are in it.

IMG_0696.jpg

she was wandering round the living room whilst we were all there the other evening. Think she took a shine to Benedict Cumberpatch that we were watching in Sherlock!

PS anyone that can make this image LARGER please do so!!!

Last edited:
:love::love::love: Really behind on Ru so not up to date on Sunshine Daydream but she is stunning.

Sunshine Daydream is about 9 months old now - she arrived with us (via a friend who rescued her) as a day old leveret found in the 'gutter' of the A505 (a very busy fast road) and was hand-reared by Steve.

She doesnt like outside very much - though we did try and encourage her out in summer - but she got pecked on the nose by one of the bantams and it put her off.

We had only moved into our new house about 2 weeks when she arrived - so she feels like she came to us as a 'gift' when we made our big move to the country-side!

She is stunning! :love:

Can you stroke her?

No - when she was very little we held her whilst she took her syringe feeds of milk. And Steve could carry her long enough to weigh her and move her outside when we went through a phase of trying to interest her in the outside world -

But she always bounced away once she was finished feeding, and as we originally thought she would go free once she was adult we did not encourage stroking etc -

shame - but she is there to look at and admire !

No - when she was very little we held her whilst she took her syringe feeds of milk. And Steve could carry her long enough to weigh her and move her outside when we went through a phase of trying to interest her in the outside world -

But she always bounced away once she was finished feeding, and as we originally thought she would go free once she was adult we did not encourage stroking etc -

Thats why I asked. I thought as much. Its amazing she survived. :love:

:shock::shock::shock::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Oh SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO beautiful!

Completely agree. She is absolutely stunning :love:
She seems very interested in what you are doing and she looks very intelligent.

Is she open to receiving bribes from you ;) Do you talk to her when she is around?
I think this is an amazing start and I am positive with time she will become more used to you and tamer.

It must be amazing to be able to watch her so close to you. I envy you.:D

My lot are there to look at and admire too. I try to bribe them with fenugreek crunchies to hang out near me but they like to hop off with them and ignore me!

She is very admire-worthy I must say x

Back