• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Protexin Pro Fibre

I love that stuff. Use it every day and, at one point, Wish (and her bonded friends) were only fed this and hay and I fed it almost unlimited. I found it great stuff. Expensive, but worth every penny. She wouldn't have grown without it. when she gets her excess caecals now, I just up the amount of this and it sorts them right out.

I love that stuff. Use it every day and, at one point, Wish (and her bonded friends) were only fed this and hay and I fed it almost unlimited. I found it great stuff. Expensive, but worth every penny. She wouldn't have grown without it. when she gets her excess caecals now, I just up the amount of this and it sorts them right out.

That's brill thanks Tracy! Think I will give it a go with Snowdrop. Just hope I can get her to eat it!

i highly recommend them. bisc has them and after he was very ill they helped him to build up his weight and they keep him stable. he also suffers with tummy issues and they have helped with that alot. :wave:

Yip, another one here that likes it.....well the buns like it :)

I used it initially with Kermit, but also used it for Inca. I have half a tub left so keep it for times when I feel Herbie or Hollie are a bit poorly. All my buns have loved it :)

Spenser also gives this the paws up of approval. :thumb: He didn't like it at first, but now does a little dance of joy when the tub comes out.

Always have some here for poorly buns, excellent stuff.

Only have 1 bun who can't tollerate it.

Mine love them so tend to give them as "treats" but they do get them each day.

They are ususally cheaper at Animed at £9.50 including delivery.

Another recommendation!

I've recently bought it to try to sort out a poorly tum - fingers crossed it seems to be working.

It appears to be some form of rabbit-elicit-drug! Hector goes wild over it!!

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have ordered some of this today for my bun. It seems to work wonders, however I don't think it should be given every day :?

Spenser also gives this the paws up of approval. :thumb: He didn't like it at first, but now does a little dance of joy when the tub comes out.

I remember reading about the kerfuffle when you tried to get Spenser to try these pellets!!! ;);):love:

Frankie loves these but only has them on the odd occasion now as he seems to be 100% at the moment.

I use this for Barney as his gut has problems with absorption of nutrients, gas and being inflamed. He has a scoop everyday, and two when he is in gut slowdown.

eta - biolapis/fibreplex would probably would just as well, but the pellets are really easy to feed him without any stress, as he loves them.

Last edited:
Bearing in mind Hector is a conti, is there such a thing as too many of these per day?

Obviously, his supply is not unlimited but he scoffs the lot that are offered, leaving his normal dried food.

He's had tummy problems and they have helped greatly. I know they are expensive but if it helps, so be it. My concern is, in % terms of daily pellets, how many is too much?

Last edited:
how come?

Well I can see why it would be needed daily for as long as necessary if the rabbit has an icky tummy and needs digestive help but to give it to a healthy rabbit every day is not good. As long as they are eating a good diet and their poops look as they should be then there is no need for it every day.

Bearing in mind Hector is a conti, is there such a thing as too many of these per day?

Obviously, his supply is not unlimited but he scoffs the lot that are offered, leaving his normal dried food.

He's had tummy problems and they have helped greatly. I know they are expensive but if it helps, so be it. My concern is, in % terms of daily pellets, how many is too much?

I used to almost feed my loppy trio these unlimited and found them hugely helpful. Over time, as their stomach problems stabilised I was able to reduce them. Now they have a handful between three. At the time they were getting no other pellets- just hay.

So, I think if you have found something that works, then go with it. Rabbits don't really need pellets anyway as long as they have a good quality hay so don't worry to much on that account either.

I used to almost feed my loppy trio these unlimited and found them hugely helpful. Over time, as their stomach problems stabilised I was able to reduce them. Now they have a handful between three. At the time they were getting no other pellets- just hay.

So, I think if you have found something that works, then go with it. Rabbits don't really need pellets anyway as long as they have a good quality hay so don't worry to much on that account either.

That answers the question I was going to ask, thanks! :wave: I wondered if you could just feed these pellets or did they have to be fed alongside another type. I am definitely going to get some now :D

Back