• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sid the hamster *lots of pics!*

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
These are some photos I took on my camera of Sid a couple of months ago, I then lost my camera and just found it in a box somewhere :D so here are the photos! He's currently fluffier than in these photos, he's grown about 6 long tufts to about 2 inches each and looks like a hedgehog :lol: I'll try capture some photos of his new hair-do soon :D

And here is his cage:

He is the friendliest boy ever, he loves all human attention and is so soppy, I don't think he knows he has teeth to be honest :love:

He's so cute! :love:

I haven't seen Apollo for about 3 days.. :lol: I know he's still there because he's taking his food and I can hear him dig, but he sleeps so much, always has done :lol: When I do see him he's usually half asleep and wants me to hand him a milky bone or something :roll: :lol:

Awh thanks everyone :D he is such a cutie, just had him out and the cost difference is astonishing! He's a proper long haired hamster almost all over now!! He's just gone to stay with my parents for a week, we're missing the fuzz ball already, my OH especially, he was away for two weeks, got home and ran up to see Sid :love:

Aly&Poppy Apollo sounds like the laziest hamster ever :lol: I regularly see Sid because he waits by his food bowl for me, and if I'm in the room talking he wakes and follows my voice :lol: I reckon he's a youngster though considering all his growing that he's done, I'm sure he'll get lazier as he gets older! All my other Syrians got very lazy eventually!

Soooo cute!!! Did you get him from furry friends? He looks like my sir dominos! :love:

Sir dominos's cage was moved on saturday cos he was where the christmas tree goes... its good cos he's now right next to sofa, but the poor little fella did look a bit confused when he first woke up... he could see the tv and is higher up now, but i can open his door and he can walk along it, onto the sofa :) he's so cute, he loves just sitting in yours hands being stroked :love:

Soooo cute!!! Did you get him from furry friends? He looks like my sir dominos! :love:

Sir dominos's cage was moved on saturday cos he was where the christmas tree goes... its good cos he's now right next to sofa, but the poor little fella did look a bit confused when he first woke up... he could see the tv and is higher up now, but i can open his door and he can walk along it, onto the sofa :) he's so cute, he loves just sitting in yours hands being stroked :love:

He's from the RSPCA, he came from a house which had loads and loads of hamsters apparently, so I can't believe how good natured he is! Sid likes to sit in hands to watch the world :D hamsters are such lovely animals :D

He's from the RSPCA, he came from a house which had loads and loads of hamsters apparently, so I can't believe how good natured he is! Sid likes to sit in hands to watch the world :D hamsters are such lovely animals :D

Awwww I know someone on here adopted one of Sir Dominos's brother and sisters :D

You're right, they're such lovely animals - Domino Sits by the door to be out when he decides... might be in the middle of the day, might be when we're going to bed, but if he decides he wants a cuddle, he just sits there looking out :D

Awwww I know someone on here adopted one of Sir Dominos's brother and sisters :D

You're right, they're such lovely animals - Domino Sits by the door to be out when he decides... might be in the middle of the day, might be when we're going to bed, but if he decides he wants a cuddle, he just sits there looking out :D

Sid does this too! :D I love it, he knows exactly what to do for attention and food :lol:

Mum and Dad are looking after him and mum just called to tell me he hadn't eaten his dinner last night so I asked her to check on him, she was terrified thinking he must be dead, I wasn't very worried though. She slowly lifted his bed off and apparently there was one very disgruntled, very alive hamster :lol: I don't know who to feel more sorry for, Sid for being woken or Mum for nearly having a heart attack :lol: he just hadn't eaten because I fed him before he left yesterday so he must have not been looking out for a second dinner!

Oooooooooo... :love::love::love: beautiful hammy! :love::love: he's absolutely adorable - I love the: I got two paws on this bit of grub pose... :lol:

*thinks* It's a good job I married such a sensible guy... Goodness knows how many different animals would be living with me otherwise; including the bunny tribe... :lol:... I would love a hammy... Mice... Or Ratties... Maybe piggies.... Or a dog.... Oooooh, a pony! :lol: :shock:*shakes head* animal crazy... :oops:

Have I mentioned I'd love to have a bearded dragon...

Sid does this too! :D I love it, he knows exactly what to do for attention and food :lol:

Mum and Dad are looking after him and mum just called to tell me he hadn't eaten his dinner last night so I asked her to check on him, she was terrified thinking he must be dead, I wasn't very worried though. She slowly lifted his bed off and apparently there was one very disgruntled, very alive hamster :lol: I don't know who to feel more sorry for, Sid for being woken or Mum for nearly having a heart attack :lol: he just hadn't eaten because I fed him before he left yesterday so he must have not been looking out for a second dinner!

haha bless him!!

Last night Dom gave us a scare, there was a weird animal like noise and i thought omg what wrong with him, pulled his bedding and he didn't come out, at this point i started crying so put his cage on floor and took the top off... he popped his head out and gave me such a look of 'heyyyyyyy man im asleeeeeeeeeeeeep' he's fine and was so warm he warmed me up! :lol: i gave him loads of extra bedding and he's got it all cosy and lovely :love:

Back