• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny bald patch

lilsouris

Warren Scout
Hi guys,
We got our buns spayed at the start of October I think and just took this photo:
qedeqyzu.jpg
6a4e6u2y.jpg
as you can see her fur still has grown back in. Had no issues with the incisions/stitches on either of them just wondered if it was normal for the fur to still not be regrown two months down the line?

Thankd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't got any ideas about the lack of fur growth but I'm interested to see where the vet shaved it off. That's a completely different place to Daisy, who had her whole tummy shaved, you couldn't see it at all when she was hopping around/sitting down. And her fur had started to grow back within a few days. She was done at the beginning of September and her fur is totally back to normal and I can't feel the wound/scar at all when I pick her up.

I haven't got any ideas about the lack of fur growth but I'm interested to see where the vet shaved it off. That's a completely different place to Daisy, who had her whole tummy shaved, you couldn't see it at all when she was hopping around/sitting down. And her fur had started to grow back within a few days. She was done at the beginning of September and her fur is totally back to normal and I can't feel the wound/scar at all when I pick her up.

Ooh yeah mine just had a small strip shaved off, you couldn't see the the patch at all when they are sat up or moving about it's just when they are flopped. It does run underneath their bellies not just on the side which it kind of looks like on the pic. Odd that yours had a completely shaved belly and mine only had a patch :/ hmm

Here's them a couple of hours after their op if it shows the area any better
7upunyma.jpg
8egaty5y.jpg

Fur normally grows back with a rabbit's next moult, which is when their new coat starts growing through with speed! Lilly got spayed in March/April so had just started shedding her winter coat and was growing a new summer coat so you could hardly see her skin after just a week :shock: if yours are indoors bunnies there are less drastic temperature changes so she may grow a new coat a bit slower! Having said that my two indoor bunnies still moult :evil: I've definitely seen other people on here say their bunnies have taken ages to stop being bald after a spay so there's nothing to worry about :)

Their coats are pretty much the same tbh. I don't know if it makes a difference, but Lola was back outside about a week after her spay and Poppy has been indoors since hers so I wonder if Lola's grew back quicker because she is an outdoor bunny. Never really thought about it!

Their coats are pretty much the same tbh. I don't know if it makes a difference, but Lola was back outside about a week after her spay and Poppy has been indoors since hers so I wonder if Lola's grew back quicker because she is an outdoor bunny. Never really thought about it!

"*Funny*Bunny*
Fur normally grows back with a rabbit's next moult, which is when their new coat starts growing through with speed! Lilly got spayed in March/April so had just started shedding her winter coat and was growing a new summer coat so you could hardly see her skin after just a week if yours are indoors bunnies there are less drastic temperature changes so she may grow a new coat a bit slower! Having said that my two indoor bunnies still moult I've definitely seen other people on here say their bunnies have taken ages to stop being bald after a spay so there's nothing to worry about "

Might be something in that you know. Mine are both house bunnies so maybe that is why they are taking ages, it would make sense :) With regards to the moulting mine dont moult much but the past two weeks I keep finding tumbleweeds of fur :roll: so hopefully their winter coat might be coming in to cover that bald spot lol better late than never eh.

Thanks for the replies guys :)

My willow took like 2-3 months, angel my rew lionhead took over a year haha
she was wee baldy belly for so long!

Back