• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

"Recovery" set-up.

LeahsRabbits

Warren Scout
Hello all :)

This photo was taken back in August, when my little Leo came back from the vets after having his neuter. Although it may seem a bit outdated, I thought it would be quite helpful for people who are bringing their bunnies back from the vet - It's a pretty simple set-up, but it worked really well and he recovered very quickly.

6fmq2u.jpg

APOLOGIES FOR THE PHOTO SIZE.

As you can see, the carrier in which he traveled to and from the vets from is in the corner of his set-up, just as a safe and cosy place to hide and relax in, he spent quite a bit of time in here when he came home just because he was too tired to venture out! We took the door off so nobody could get injured and it didn't swing shut on him - In the carrier I put mint, grass, cucumber and dandelion leaves to encourage him to eat.

A small, shallow littertray with easy access to hay is also available, with a small cardboard box and a veggie ball stuffed with hay incase he felt a little more 'brave' ;) (more hay was added after this photo, he likes to flatten it down..). The brick was there originally as he liked to nudge is around and make a mess, but it didn't bother him at all after the neuter and we no longer use them.

Easy access to food and water, and a nice cosy rug to sit on which as you can see came in very useful. It was quite a warm day in the August but nobody likes lying on cold lino!

And last but not least, the few expected toys which are always in there.

I respect that everybody knows their bunnies better than anyone else, and everybody has their own way of doing things, but I thought it would be useful for 'beginners' or give other people idea's on what's best for bunny. My little fluffy monster made a full recovery as to be expected and is now living happily with his partner Blossom :)

Back