• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet shop in Merry hill...

Jojo123

Mama Doe
Even though pet shops shouldn't be selling animals the one in merry hill yesterday only had 6 baby rabbits unlike my local Pets at Home that seem to have stocked up for Christmas! They have a lot more piggies and rabbits then usual! It was good to see a sign on the rabbits saying how they will only be sold if the person buying keeps them indoors and explaining why they couldn't go out this time of year. Its a bad thing that pet shops sell these animals but at least there are ones that are concerned about the life of the pet when it leaves the shop and the people reading it may decide not to have one when its pointed out that rabbits need more thought and care than to be sat in a hutch

Sorry to say but two by two is an awful pet shop. They once gave someone i know a rat because it was evil. They didnt ask for any details or money from her she just gave it to her.

I also bought a cage from their once and when i got home realised it was covered in maggots :(

Id rather give my money to PAH atleast they try to look like they care.

Never! That's gross about the maggots! Doesn't look the cleanest shop though its so crammed with stuff would hate to think what else would be hiding in the isles

Sorry to say but two by two is an awful pet shop. They once gave someone i know a rat because it was evil. They didnt ask for any details or money from her she just gave it to her.

I also bought a cage from their once and when i got home realised it was covered in maggots :(

Id rather give my money to PAH atleast they try to look like they care.

Agreed! They're awful! My friend spotted two 'lethal gene' guinea pigs for sale there - they often have genetic problems such as blindness, deafness and mouth/teeth deformities - and they didn't have a clue that they were lethals....my friend tried to persuade them to pass them on to a rescue who would know how to care for them...but they refused and kept them on sale.

In the end, my friend managed the get them away from the pet shop and took them home with her (I think she badgered them so much that they gave them to her free of charge to get her off their backs!) and they are doing brilliantly in her care. A big bonus is that I get to see them lots too, as my friend boards them with me whenever she's away from home!

Two by Two is a horrible pet shop :( Fish area stinks and has dead fish in usually.
Rats are piled high in small tanks on sawdust, baby rabbits in there dont look much older than 5 weeks.
I've been in a lot over the years (live close to Merry Hill and always have to 'have a look' - dont spend my money there though) and it never changes :(

For every one good thing you find there seems to be a lot more bad things you find out about pet shops. I didn't look at the fish as ive found all pet shops have a dead/ill ones floating about a tank. I went to barnets hill not so long ago and pointed out that one of the fish had swim bladder disease! They had a skinny pig in there for £170 was thinking perhaps if they charged that much for a bun in a pet shop perhaps less people would buy them and they wouldn't sell as many therefore no longer needing to buy from mass breeding places......

Our local pet shop is really knowledgeable about all their animals. They look clean and well fed. The cages are not very big but they always have places to hide and plenty of hay. Even the fish look ok (will look closer next time I am in).

I was given excellent advice re hay/pellets and rabbits teeth and the lady who runs it clearly loves rabbits.

Ofcourse I do wish that they didnt sell animals or that they were really costly so that people would think twice, but I am soooooo glad to have had Frosty and Snowflake from babyhood (OMG how cuuuuute they were - still are esp my little Snowfers).

Our local pet shop is really knowledgeable about all their animals. They look clean and well fed. The cages are not very big but they always have places to hide and plenty of hay. Even the fish look ok (will look closer next time I am in).

I was given excellent advice re hay/pellets and rabbits teeth and the lady who runs it clearly loves rabbits.

Ofcourse I do wish that they didnt sell animals or that they were really costly so that people would think twice, but I am soooooo glad to have had Frosty and Snowflake from babyhood (OMG how cuuuuute they were - still are esp my little Snowfers).

They look like twins! They are very cute

For every one good thing you find there seems to be a lot more bad things you find out about pet shops. I didn't look at the fish as ive found all pet shops have a dead/ill ones floating about a tank. I went to barnets hill not so long ago and pointed out that one of the fish had swim bladder disease! They had a skinny pig in there for £170 was thinking perhaps if they charged that much for a bun in a pet shop perhaps less people would buy them and they wouldn't sell as many therefore no longer needing to buy from mass breeding places......

Blimey, skinnys have gone down in price there then....last time I went, they were selling a pair of skinny sows and they were £360 each!

Back