• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bunny / bonding

GrunBunMum

Warren Scout
We have brought home today a female bunny we are hoping to bond with our boy. She was born and has been since in a sanctuary for a year n half. Currently she's being penned in our other buns room separate but can see each other. When we brought her home she spent a few hours in an upstairs room with Walter they had a few fur pulling incidents and nose to nose meetings but nothing too bad. She's now downstairs but has not been out her carrier for 2 hours she's had a drink n bits of hay but I'm worried about her :-( should we leave her to settle for a few dwys before trying to bond? X

I would let her settle for a few days before introducing her to your other rabbit. I wouldn't let him go near her cage as it might upset her. Put them together in a few days on neutral territory and keep them like that unless they have a fight. It is usually easier to introduce a girl to a boy than the other way round. Hope new bun settles in well.

She's a bit better this morning. Been exploring her pen and having a hay munch. She's so overweight aswell. She was born at a sanctuary and has been there year and half. How have they and the vet that checks them let her get so bad. No wonder no one wanted her :'(

Back