• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advantages of a trio?

Fluffs

Alpha Buck
Apart from having more bunnies, (;)) are there any good points about having a trio rather than a pair?
(Or bad?)
Thanks x

The bad - more expense, more mess to clean up

The good - it's more interesting for the bunnies as there is more interaction and more interesting for the humans

Sorry, I don't really know much about it but I was thinking about this recently. If one of a trio dies does it make it easier on the remaining buns as they still have company rather than if they are a pair and one is left alone?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I will be very interested in the answers to this thread as I want another bunny! (who doesn't, bunnies are like pringles) I have two boys and wondered if another boy or girl and the chances of them all falling out?

finances - good or bad whether you can afford more potential vetbills if arise, and having each rabbit vaccinated

bond - if the bond was to break up you could end up with a lone bun

however their are a few people with trios on here and im sure they can tell you the good things, they will just interact like pairs, though if one prefer another maybe

bad - I would worry about the bond

good - I had a trio for a couple of years and loved it. I had a single boy and we bonded him with 2 sisters with absolutely no problem at all. The only slight problem was that they ended up being speyed separately as one was having a false pregnancy when we first booked them in, and there were a few fights there, one got serious, drew a bit of blood and had to be separated, but they did go back to living happily together.

When we lost one, it was much easier on the others. I've noticed that when I've lost one of a pair, the remaining rabbit has always come across as really unhappy, but when it was a trio and we lost one, the remaining 2 didn't seem nearly so badly affected, they barely looked like they noticed (am sure they did) but they definitely did not suffer as badly as when I've had one left on their own. One of the reasons I'd one day like to have maybe a whole family of buns in my shed :love::love:

Weve got Ozzie, young male then Twinkle old female. Very much in love, he did everything she asked while she sat and ordered him about.

Then Stanley was found and he was only weeks old. Had him neutered, attempted to bond them then gave in and sent them away for 2 weeks for bonding, I missed them all terribly.

Now we have a trio.

Twinkle has a new lease of life and loves racing round the garden with her two slaves. They both do her bidding now and she is regularly seen sat between them having both ears washed at the same time, bunny bliss!

She is still very much Ozzies wife but Stan is her 'bit on the side' and it appears that Ozzie is quite happy with this open marriage.

The two boys wash each other and have the very occasional chase. They also play together when she has had enough, as the older more mature of the rabbits she likes to sit and watch them like a doting grandma.

I would never have gone out and got a 3rd rabbit, Stanley found us so things had to work out for them all. The day will come where we will just have the two boys, then one day it will just be one at which point I will probably make the last bunny a house bunny, maybe, perhaps.....

The extra food is minimal cost wise, the vet bills obviously are a concern, 3 rabbits and 5 cats but I have pet pot that I put money in every week and I keep everything crossed that they stay fit and healthy.

THe only thing I changed was I don't use a food dish anymore, it caused chasing issues. I now scatter food and leave them too it.

I will be very interested in the answers to this thread as I want another bunny! (who doesn't, bunnies are like pringles) I have two boys and wondered if another boy or girl and the chances of them all falling out?

:lol::lol::lol:

Yep. 6 here, soon to be 8.

Back