• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Laminate flooring

daffodil.lemurs

Warren Scout
We've got laminate flooring throughout the ground floor of our house. We have a runner in front of Otto's base which he's been pottering up and down on but he seems a bit wary of venturing off the rug for long. It is a little cool to touch even with the heating on so unsure if it's that. He was on laminate in his foster home and my previous bun was fine on it and used to tear around. Do you think he'll get used to it and it's just new home nerves or should I get another rug or some carpet offcuts? We live in a rental house so can't actually change the flooring. If I was getting a rug/carpet does anyone know anywhere that's reasonably priced in South Manchester?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I think it's probably the slippery feel of it, to be honest. When I had house bunnies they really didn't like the kitchen flooring. I ended up buying some picnic blankets from a cheapy shop. It didn't look great, but the bunnies loved it!

Hmm never thought of blankets, they'd be a lot easier to wash than a rug. Did you use the ones with a waterproof back? I can imagine that might be a bit slippy, or I could maybe blutak the corners down. I'll have to have a little shopping trip tomorrow, i'm sure Home Bargains will have something suitable, just to avoid coming out with all their stock of baby rattles for him haha

No, the ones I used definitely didn't have a waterproof back. I got them from one of those small independent cheapy shops - you know the sort with all the plastic crates and plant pots etc outside? :D It's worth a try as a cheap trial anyway. Then you'll see whether it's the flooring surface that's the problem.

I hope he does get used to it! In the summer I brought my bun in a few times and she was scared to venture off the rug :( But i m going to have to ply the same game with lino soon as she's not really keen on that but it's going in the shed! :roll:

I've put a throw off my bed on the floor for now until I can get to the shops tomorrow, he's sniffed and it and gone off in a huff...I must smell :lol:
I just thought, I've actually lined the ledge in his cage with lino and he quite happily hops about on that, I might have a look at a cheap roll of lino, there's a shop local to me that sells end of rolls at a really good price.
Fluffs you might not have a problem with lino as it's a bit more 'grippy' than laminate or tiles, feels a bit softer under foot too

Back