• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Reluctant OHs

jemjabella

Mama Doe
So. I have fallen in love with the french lops I provided transport for today :love:

So now I have the job of convincing Karl that we totally need another 3 rabbits :lol: ;) so I'm wondering - if you had a ... let's say "reluctant" other half - how did you go about convincing them your family would be better off bigger?

:thumb:

Well I just went ahead and got them. Oh was all if you get them I am having nothing to do with them! Brought them home and within 2 days he was cleaning them out while I had cuddles, he spends hours watching them through the day as he is at home and tells me all about their antics while I have been at work. This evening he was lying on the floor (even though he has a severe back problem ) letting them climb all over him! So much for not having anything to do with them!

Well I just went ahead and got them. Oh was all if you get them I am having nothing to do with them! Brought them home and within 2 days he was cleaning them out while I had cuddles, he spends hours watching them through the day as he is at home and tells me all about their antics while I have been at work. This evening he was lying on the floor (even though he has a severe back problem ) letting them climb all over him! So much for not having anything to do with them!

:lol: I got my 2nd pair after falling in love with them on rabbits in need, wild horses wouldn't have stopped me having them, I just told OH we were getting them because I'd fell in love with them, he was a bit :shock: why do you need another 2 rabbits but when I'd collected them he was fully into "operation make Dandy and Beano feel at home " by feeding them something every time you passed them to help humanise them. He was laid on the grass next to their run one day talking to them in a cooing whisper " it's alright darling" :love: I have solemnly vowed there will be no more rabbits now though!

I convinced my bf that I need to adopt a friend for Charley and he agreed. I had to keep showing him all of the new bunnies on Fatfluffs website.. He is in love with Edward and Mint Imperial at the moment :lol:

Well, I just happened to mention in conversation the possibility of getting a 2nd shed earlier for bunnies and he didn't scream, so I take that to be a good sign :lol:

So I was nagging Karl about these french lops again earlier ;) and said that I was just going to bring them home when he was at work :lol:

He said "well you can bloody pay for them then"

Which is as good as a yes, right? :thumb: ;)

So now I just have to work my ass off to raise the ~£1k it's going to take me to get the land at the bottom of the garden cleared, slabbed, another shed put in and insulated etc. :shock: Looks like I'm going to be busy for a while!

So I was nagging Karl about these french lops again earlier ;) and said that I was just going to bring them home when he was at work :lol:

He said "well you can bloody pay for them then"

Which is as good as a yes, right? :thumb: ;)

So now I just have to work my ass off to raise the ~£1k it's going to take me to get the land at the bottom of the garden cleared, slabbed, another shed put in and insulated etc. :shock: Looks like I'm going to be busy for a while!

Do you have any house rabbits?!? :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recognise "they're your rabbits/guinea pigs. I'm having nothing to do with them".

He's always asking if there is some veg/herbs they can have. Sonny (bunny) has particularly won him over as he hops up to him and just sits for ages to have his nose rubbed. I even heard him sympathising with them tonight, as they had all been to the vet, and giving them some veg to make up for it :lol:

My son (dont have an oh) is the main pet carer when I go away. I just said firmly that I am getting two more rabbits cos they are belgian hare x and I love them.

He accepted it. NO MORE PETS OF ANY KIND NOW THOUGH.

I didn't tell him :lol: was a nice surprise for him to come home to! I did this with all four of my bunnies too :lol: I should really be embarrassed about it, but I'm really not as I love my bunnies. He has said "NO MORE PETS EVER" though and that if I bring any more home, especially without telling him, he's never going to move in with me. I fell in love with these bunnies and if I'd asked him and he said no, I'd have had to respect his wishes. So if he doesn't know, he can't say no :lol:

I have a feeling that if I do manage to get these rabbits wriggled in, that will be it, full stop, no more. I suppose that's reasonable though at 3 cats, 6 piggies and what would be 5 rabbits ;) :lol:

I didn't tell him :lol: was a nice surprise for him to come home to! I did this with all four of my bunnies too :lol: I should really be embarrassed about it, but I'm really not as I love my bunnies. He has said "NO MORE PETS EVER" though and that if I bring any more home, especially without telling him, he's never going to move in with me. I fell in love with these bunnies and if I'd asked him and he said no, I'd have had to respect his wishes. So if he doesn't know, he can't say no :lol:

This is generally my method. I don't live with my OH and anyway he's partly to blame as it's through his friend that I got Acorn :lol:

Back