PDA

View Full Version : How to set up buns cage..

Lauraa03
12-12-2013, 01:35 AM
I just want everyones opinions on the best things to use etc.

I'm getting a conti so am using a dog cage as a base, I was mainly wondering what I should put on the floor for him and what I should use in the litter tray.

And any other suggestions of what to put in his cage. (Recommendations for where to get toys would be appreciated also, mainly come across toys for normal sized rabbits)

Also, ideas for a hideaway type thing for a conti? I'm struggling to find big enough online

Tamsin
12-12-2013, 03:11 AM
Congratulations, I bet you're excited! I would go for paper based cat litter in the tray with a pile of hay the other end or a hay rack attached above. You'll need a tall litter tray for a big bun or the go over the edge. A underbed storage box might suit as that will fill quite a bit of the pen too. For the rest of the floor vetbed or fleece would work. I would go for a cardboard box for a hideaway, that way he can have fun tailoring it :)

Even a big dog crate will soon fill up as he grows so if he'll be shut in at all eg overnight I would add on a puppy pen. They attach really easily to each side of the door to give lots more space :) They also fold up so you can put it away if he's out (or asleep) during the day and you need the space back.

Lauraa03
14-12-2013, 02:01 PM
Thank you for your reply, yes I'm very excited. I'll look into getting a pen to add on. Thank you again.

Mrs. Bunnykins
19-12-2013, 12:09 AM
Best of luck with your conti.:thumb:

I adopted one from a rescue a month ago to live with my other bunny. Delilah is so very different to any other bunny I have ever owned.

Demanding, bossy, stubborn, extremely intelligent, food orientated, fearless, full of live and mischievious.

We love her to bits!!!!!!:love::love: