• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing a soft toy to a bunny

xCupcakex

Young Bun
My bunny Cupcake has recently lost her husbun Sooty and so is on her own. I've brought her inside but I'm at work all day so am worried she is lonely. I've bought her a little toy elephant but she seems abit scared of it. Should I just put it in the corner of her sleeping g area and she what happens or shall I just leave it out in the lounge while she is free ranging g so she can get used to it?

I'm sorry you lost Sooty. I don't know about introducing toys, but I didn't want to read and run. I would imagine leaving the elephant lying around for Cupcake while she is out and about would be the best idea, that way she can investigate and decide if she likes it or not.

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along shortly to offer advice.

Firstly sorry that you lost your other rabbit :(

I put a soft toy rabbit in Katie's pen/dog crate enclosure and she ripped it to pieces! It was quite distressing! So just be warned, she may not like it.

x

I did this when my rabbit lost her friend. She was never overly keen, but she did groom it a bit. Once she got used to it (I always kept it in the same place, where she used to lay about during the day), I used to make it bend its head in front of her, and ask to be groomed, like a bunny would.

My Max adores his pink bunny, he had it when he was little before bonding, but we took her away when him and Lola were together, when we sadly lost Lola :cry:, Pink bunny returned. He adores her and runs around with her in his mouth :love:

This is an old video know but just to show you the relationship..he grooms at the end then DBFs

Last edited:
I tried pretending the elephant wanted grooming by moving its head but Cupcake just ran off! I'm hoping she will bond with it and groom it like Max does, Jaysmonkey, as that was really sweet.

Back