• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter training a Conti

xCupcakex

Young Bun
Jessica is about 6 months old and she is a house bunny. When we first got her about a week and a half ago we had a couple of accidents with her weeing on the sofa but otherwise she peed in her tray. Over the past few days she seems to be peeing more frequently on the floor, sometimes it seems like just a spray other times it's a full wee. She isn't spayed but is booked in on the 27th. Has anyone got any tips on litter training a Conti? Or will she improve once she is spayed? I keep telling my OH that she will but I'm worried that she won't as he is getting fed up with it.

It will almost certainly improve once she is spayed - the weeing at least. If she has only been there a short time she is still marking her territory, she will calm down a bit once everything has been well and truly marked as hers!

Thank you for replying. Will she still feel the need to mark her territory once spayed? As I have also got my other bunny Cupcake, who is spayed, indoors atm as I've just lost her friend. I was considering bonding them once Jessica' s hormones have calmed down but now I'm not too sure.

Sorry, I can't really help. I have an un neutered boy who is as good as gold and was easy to house train.

He's stubborn though.... :)

Back