• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting other animals with bunnies in the house

Meggles

Warren Scout
My partner and me are thinking of getting degus in the new year but are worried about offending our bunnies. I've heard stories of bunnies getting really upset when other animals are brought in. We'd probably keep them in the spare room (the bunnies live in the living room) but don't want them to feel neglected.
How many of you have got other animals in a bunny home and have they all been okay?

I've brought home 14 animals (mainly rodents!), I think, since I got a rabbit. I had other animals before the first rabbit too. My rabbits didn't like my newest bird at first (he's LOUD!) but they don't even notice he's there now. Milly doesn't like rodents going near her, but she's fine with the birds. Indifferent to the cats.

My cockatiel, on the other hand, throws a HUGE tantrum every time I bring a new animal home :lol:

Back