• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Muddy Puppy!

Alibunmum

Wise Old Thumper
Bugsy is now 11 weeks old. Tonight when he was out to do his business he decided to take a roll on the grass. :roll:

IMG_1578.JPG

So he then had to have his first shower! He wasn't best impressed and I think his eyes sum up how he was feeling afterwards.:lol:

IMG_1580.JPG

:love:...... Dirrrrrrttttttyyyyyyy Boy.......... Sooooooooo cute... Even though hes manky!......

Love and hugs to him.... Fee xxx

:love: I bet it was the longest shopping trip you have ever had :lol::love:

Yep :wave: although I'm starting to get used to it. We were all felling shattered so went to McDs on the way home for tea tonight. He lay on his vetbed at my feet and we spent the whole time talking to people about him! So many folk want to speak to him it's a great way to spread the word about the charity.

I've been meaning to post to a few of these threads,:D is this your own assistance dog, Ali, or are you fostering him?
He is adorable. :love: We are thinking of helping my MIL get an assistance dog of some sort, but not certain what would be the best fit for her.
How does Pippin do with him? Are they partners in crime? ;)

I've been meaning to post to a few of these threads,:D is this your own assistance dog, Ali, or are you fostering him?
He is adorable. :love: We are thinking of helping my MIL get an assistance dog of some sort, but not certain what would be the best fit for her.
How does Pippin do with him? Are they partners in crime? ;)

We are fostering him as his puppy parents. At the moment all my injections and meds are working well so things are fairly stable however, the Dr has made it clear that they will become less and less effective over time. I have wanted to be a puppy parent for years and it means that if one day I need to apply for one I'll have done a wee bit to help in the past.

He's a dream come true though, I've always wanted a large breed dog but been scared I'd get the training wrong or not done enough with a working type to keep one happy. This way, i get the joy of a retriever with the back up of some top trainers. We go to classes every week which gives us plenty to work on and I'm in constant contact with our trainer.

He and Pippin are super together. They play very energetically which is great for tiring Bugsy out before he can go for:lol: walks. Pippin keeps him in his place and is teaching him good manners like never try and steal another dog's pigs ear!!We are very careful to make sure Pips has his place secure, he gets greeted first when we come home for example. As the trainer said, Pippin is our family dog and Bugsy is just an interloper!:lol:

We have fairly recently started having dual purpose dogs trained here. Dogs for deaf and blind people seem most common but the first dog for someone who is blind and disabled is now in work. The current Canine Partners Head of Operations worked for Guide Dogs for the Blind for many years so no doubt that must have helped organisation. I don't know if that would be an option for your MiL.:wave:

Back