• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Petition to stop Top Shop selling Angora products

I never realised before that angora meant rabbit not goat :oops::oops::oops:

Now I know I won't get any angora. But I think there are probably a lot of people out there who don't know so even just explaining it to people is really sueful, you don't need to be too graphic.

Signed and shared.

Was in Topshop yesterday looking at the jumpers and all the ones I liked had angora rabbit hair in :( Never shopping there again unless they remove all of the angora products.

Last edited:
Another reason for me to not shop in TopShop :evil: (aside from the fact none of their clothes fit me, designed for rake-thin 13 year olds, and are all a bit hideous these days!)

Fight against Angora!

I know someone already made a thread about this somewhere, but I couldn't see it!

There is a war against TopShop at the moment, as they have refused to stop selling Angora, while New Look and H&M have apparently decided against using it.

If you go on the TopShop facebook page, you can see hundreds of complaints and people expressing their disgust, which is a good sign.

There is a petition here, for TopShop to stop using Angora:
http://action.sumofus.org/a/topshop-angora-rabbit/

I've shared it so that all my Facebook friends can see it too. Disgusting.

DAISY SAYS STOP!

stop_zps46e394eb.jpg

I saw and signed the other post earlier today & shared it on Facebook - I don't like topshop anyway but especially after this :evil: how can they?! :censored:

UPDATE:

PETA and TopShop have both just posted on TopShop's facebook page that they are halting sourcing Angora products and are looking for alternatives!

RESULT! :D

Great news! I have even seen people on my Facebook newsfeed talking about it who wouldn't normally be thinking or actively promoting rabbit welfare so this is really pleasing how the campaign has taken off!

It does seem like there is a slow movement towards stopping selling angora products as since the article went live late last month Ted Baker (no longer on their website but TPs selling them) and H&M have stopped producing them, still on their site a reduced price.

I am sure that as long as the pressure is kept up more of the larger retailers will stop.

Last edited:
Back