• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm no hay snob!

Jesselle

Mama Doe
I bought some wilkos Timothy hay for litter trays and Neville has totally pigged out on it all evening! I've topped it up twice. He has hayforpets Timothy and rye for eating but he seems to have a new favourite :lol:

4954B08A-E892-4B46-84B4-63AEA58594AD_zpswjodamvq.jpg

Full tum

21C07894-B520-4A7F-830B-C3FCBEA9BC95_zpsv8slwmjz.jpg

And as I write this, back for more!

3d0ef05e83135a6351775b9f999be9c9_zps12f7afab.jpg

Cutie :love:

I easily spend £100+ on hay a month, I ordered (and received yesterday) 2 9.5kg bags of hay for pets hay, so £32.. Only to discover Lola gobbling down the bloody baled hay which costs £6! :evil: :lol: My lot like the Wilkos timothy hay but I'd have to buy loads so the 10kg bag from timothyhay.co.uk just makes more sense the amount 5 bunnies get through :lol:

Looks yummy! My two eat any hay except for one type of excel hay! They have baled farm hay and are always so happy when they see me carrying more in for them! They used to really love telcos stuff which I now will be getting if I ever have a hay emergency :lol:

Cutie :love:

I easily spend £100+ on hay a month, I ordered (and received yesterday) 2 9.5kg bags of hay for pets hay, so £32.. Only to discover Lola gobbling down the bloody baled hay which costs £6! :evil: :lol: My lot like the Wilkos timothy hay but I'd have to buy loads so the 10kg bag from timothyhay.co.uk just makes more sense the amount 5 bunnies get through :lol:

£100?! :shock: that's so much!! I get a bale every 6 weeks for my two so that works out at £3 a month :shock: I'm very glad I found the local farm shop! And I think I should go thank my two for not being hay snobs :lol:

£100?! :shock: that's so much!! I get a bale every 6 weeks for my two so that works out at £3 a month :shock: I'm very glad I found the local farm shop! And I think I should go thank my two for not being hay snobs :lol:

It's Donny and Lola! they eat so much.. I get 3-4 bags of the hay from timothyhay.co.uk so that's £66-£88 gone, then a bag of ings so £16, maybe a meadow hay so another £16. Then I get 2 bales so another £11.50. It all adds up! But I don't mind, I'd get so upset if I ended up with another dental bunny. I think I buy so much of the hay they eat because of how I messed up with Poppy, now she can't even eat hay so because of me I've cut her life short :(

It's Donny and Lola! they eat so much.. I get 3-4 bags of the hay from timothyhay.co.uk so that's £66-£88 gone, then a bag of ings so £16, maybe a meadow hay so another £16. Then I get 2 bales so another £11.50. It all adds up! But I don't mind, I'd get so upset if I ended up with another dental bunny. I think I buy so much of the hay they eat because of how I messed up with Poppy :(

I thought my two got through a lot! A bale is about 15kg I reckon, give or take a couple of kg depending on the exact bale, I'd hate mine to be dental bunnies too, Harvey has small spurs, they've never gotten bigger than very small and have never given him cuts (vet keeps an eye on them) but I'm terrified of them getting bigger, luckily he spends a lot of time eating hay :D

I thought my two got through a lot! A bale is about 15kg I reckon, give or take a couple of kg depending on the exact bale, I'd hate mine to be dental bunnies too, Harvey has small spurs, they've never gotten bigger than very small and have never given him cuts (vet keeps an eye on them) but I'm terrified of them getting bigger, luckily he spends a lot of time eating hay :D

Leo has only needed one dental since we've had Kerbie and Kerbie eats hay non stop, so I think he has helped. But Donny and Lola just demolish everything now I've discovered the timothy hay, which I'm grateful for tbh because with the ings they would go off it a lot.. So hopefully those two monsters eat more baled hay and I can cut down on the timothy hay purchases.. :lol:

I used to use wilko Timothy hay as my "treat hay" in toys for a change from their farm hay the buns loved it soo much shame the bags are so small

Back