• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harvey has gained weight UD diet started, he's not impressed!

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
And it has all gone to his dewlap I swear!!

But as a dewlap on a boy is the rabbit equivalent of moobs, and he'd probably be healthier without the extra weight, he's now a diet!

I think it's being indoors he's not burning enough energy to keep warm so his food will be reduced! I don't give him much anyway and Lilly eats half his food!

He's just a lazy rabbit really, spend almost all day flopped with the odd mad half hour!

Any tips to get him to exercise? After exams I'm going to make him play more! He does love playing, when he's not sleeping!

Last edited:
Mine love a box and spend time digging in that :/)

He has a big box which he loves running through and he digs in his hay, to be honest he lazes around a lot but when he is active he is VERY active! Obviously not enough though! Or there's too much food! I think I might need to check that people haven't been giving him treats behind my back!

He is enjoying using his dewlap as a cushion recently :roll:

Mine arent particularly lazy but they'll only move when they want to. It's garanateed the moment I get my camera out all activity will cease because I'm not allowed to get the binkies on tape :p the only way I can make mine exercise is the treat ball. Started putting their pellet allowance in there to make them work for their food but I think that's more mental stimulation that physical! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I considered a treat ball but mine get rabbit royale so it's a bit trickier! Plus Lilly would eat it all if I did that! She'd pick the treat ball up and run off with it, Harvey would attempt to share about twice, then give up and decide the foods not worth it! Yes he'd lose weight that way rather quickly but I'd rather it be gradual and him get at least some food!! :p

He sprinted 20 feet to greet me this morning Bd I could hear him flying around the room from my bedroom :) he was rather peeved about the small portion last night, but he's not minded too much with breakfast :D

It'll almost be sad to see the dewlap go, he looks so sweet when he lays on it!!!

So we've had a week of bunny dieting... Harvey used to finish his dinner and then flop over in contented bliss after finishing his meal, he now comes over to me and pesters me wondering where the rest is! Poor bunny, I've told him it's for his own good but he just doesn't care!!

Anyway, he had his weekly weigh in... and it flickered between 2.4 and 2.5 before finally settling on 2.5 kg, last week he was a solid 2.5, so maybe up to 50g lost, it's something :D his target weight is 2.3-2.4, he'll get there slowly!!

So we've had a week of bunny dieting... Harvey used to finish his dinner and then flop over in contented bliss after finishing his meal, he now comes over to me and pesters me wondering where the rest is! Poor bunny, I've told him it's for his own good but he just doesn't care!!

Anyway, he had his weekly weigh in... and it flickered between 2.4 and 2.5 before finally settling on 2.5 kg, last week he was a solid 2.5, so maybe up to 50g lost, it's something :D his target weight is 2.3-2.4, he'll get there slowly!!

It will be good if by reducing his pellets it encourages him to eat more hay.

It will be good if by reducing his pellets it encourages him to eat more hay.

It would be good, although I don't think there's any possible way for him to eat more hay, both my bunnies binky when they get new hay and are non-stop eating it :shock: it's like it's a job, they only break to eat meals, sleep, oh and chew the sofa :roll: but yes, even if he fits in a little bit more hay, every little bit is good for him :D he lays down at the moment and the flesh just spreads out like a pancake :shock: he's not too bad, can still feel his ribs and hips, just not ideal! The dewlap is the biggest indicator of weight gain for him!

Back