• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Advice please....

vicky_26

Warren Scout
So I've woken up this morning to a pretty nasty sight. One (or both?) of my bunnies has had an upset tummy and there's quite a few splodges of runny poo. I'm guessing they must have been running about without being finished as there's even a bit of it on my walls!

I've given them their pellets for breakfast and they're both eating fine from what I can see and they both seem to be ok. I think I have heard some rumbly tummy noises but that could be me?!!

Last night they had their usual kale and baby sweet corn so I didn't do antYthing different.

Should I be worried? Could it just be a bad batch of veg?

Any advice would be appreciated.

If they are both eating and pooping normally now the I would monitor them very closely and cut out all veg for a day or so.

If it happened again or they seemed uncomfortable in any way I'd be off to the vets.

Hope all is well and it was a one off! :wave:

Thanks for the advice….. took me hours to clear up! (them and their room!) i really don't understand how they managed to get a few random specks of it on the walls! quite high up!

They seem to be ok today and i will cut out veg for a couple of days.

So I've woken up this morning to a pretty nasty sight. One (or both?) of my bunnies has had an upset tummy and there's quite a few splodges of runny poo. I'm guessing they must have been running about without being finished as there's even a bit of it on my walls!
I've given them their pellets for breakfast and they're both eating fine from what I can see and they both seem to be ok. I think I have heard some rumbly tummy noises but that could be me?!!

Last night they had their usual kale and baby sweet corn so I didn't do antYthing different.

Should I be worried? Could it just be a bad batch of veg?

Any advice would be appreciated.

This is extremely serious in rabbits and I would advise a visit to the emergency vet.

Thanks for your concern.

I've been keeping a close eye on them and they are eating/drinking normally and their poos have been normal.

I am just thinking it may have been the veg given the night before.... Maybe not fresh enough or something?

Any sign of anything unusual I will go to the vets for sure.

Thanks for your concern.

I've been keeping a close eye on them and they are eating/drinking normally and their poos have been normal.

I am just thinking it may have been the veg given the night before.... Maybe not fresh enough or something?

Any sign of anything unusual I will go to the vets for sure.

Just to mention that baby sweetcorn isn't the best veg for rabbits, and kale shouldn't be given too often. The best veg are spring greens. Are they eating plenty of hay, with just a few pellets?

Sweet corn they can't digest properly so I would cut that out completely. And as above kale is very high in calcium so shouldn't be fed too often. Try fresh and dried herbs. Parsley, coriander, mint, rosemary all go down well. I get them from the supermarket just before they close and have found them for as little as 2p. :) ( no chives, they're toxic)

Sweet corn they can't digest properly so I would cut that out completely. And as above kale is very high in calcium so shouldn't be fed too often. Try fresh and dried herbs. Parsley, coriander, mint, rosemary all go down well. I get them from the supermarket just before they close and have found them for as little as 2p. :) ( no chives, they're toxic)

:thumb:

Thanks guys.... I'll do that. I do follow a Guide I found on the Rabbit Welfare website before giving them anything different...!

Back